Nebraska 10 PennState 7
Nebraska 15 PennState 13 Timeout Media
Nebraska 18 PennState 17 Timeout Nebraska
Nebraska 20 PennState 18
Nebraska 22 PennState 19 Timeout PennState
Nebraska 23 PennState 19 Timeout PennState
Nebraska 25 Nebraska 20

Last edited:
Following on game tracker. Almost glad I am not watching. How is serve receive tonight. How about Libero play?

Following on game tracker. Almost glad I am not watching. How is serve receive tonight. How about Libero play?

Bad and bad. Nebraska’s middle killing us. Also - everything they do is working.

Reactions: TheGLOV
Looken bad and that ain't good. They just look out of sync. Lee looks good but she is the only hitter that is consistent.

Nebraska serves seem to handcuff PSU passers and setters out of sync with hitters. Contrast how Nebraska has passed.

Appears to me that NU blockers have taken over.

Reactions: TheGLOV
Wow! With all the upper classwomen, I ought this would be our year. Hopefully Russ can turn this team around like Stanford did last year.

Really disappointing and frustrating to watch. Frantti's service error at 24-24 in the first set really set the tone for the rest of the match. Our service return is horrid and I can't recall a streak of more than two points (though I missed a bit of the first set). Throw in the fact that Nebraska just dug everything and hit so many lines on kills you'd think they practice only that. It's only one match, let's see how Russ rebounds.

Reactions: Grass
This team has underperformed for two years. This year will be the same.
The scary part is that PSU hasn't had highly rated recruiting classes the last few years. That's disappointing considering how dominant we were. What happens after Lee, Washington, and Frantti are gone? We always used to have a dynamic freshman or two making an impact. I don't see a young Micah Hancock or Megan Hodge in the lineup at this point.

Reactions: psu1969a
No Washington?
Washington does not have that usual infectious smile, she seems so serious and such a different player. Only one hit all game. Something is happening here! The setters were not good, the blockers were almost non existent. The passes were off just enough to effect the next hit. Bad game by most players.

A bad sign - Coach Rose quotes: “Obviously I didn’t do a good job preparing the team to play. The responsibility to have the team ready to play rests with me and the staff.” ”I was disappointed more than I surprised by how a couple of people played and they didn’t look ready to play at the beginning.” “I told the players I thought we didn’t coach very well and we didn’t play very well. I thought we had a good gameplan, but we didn’t execute at all.”

It never really occurred to me and I guess a remarkable loss like this made me think about it - Rose became head coach the year I graduated high school - 1979. He's still only 63, but one really does have to begin to wonder after what took place last night if he's starting to slow down.

Set 1:

Nebraska 5 PennState 3
Nebraska 10 PennState 9
PennState 20 Nebraska 19 Timeout Nebraska
Nebraska 22 PennState 20 Timeout PennState
Nebraska 24 PennState 22 Timeout PennState
Nebraska 24 PennState 24 Timeout Nebraska
Nebraska 26 PennState 24

Set 2:

Nebraska 5 PennState 4
Nebraska 10 PennState 8
Nebraska 15 PennState 12 Timeout Media
Nebraska 17 PennState 12 Timeout PennState
Nebraska 19 PennState 17 Timeout Nebraska
Nebraska 21 PennState 17 Timeout PennState
Nebraska 25 PennState 19 Nebraska with 42 kills, PennState with 26

Set 3:

PennState 5 Nebraska 4
Nebraska 10 PennState 7
Nebraska 18 PennState 17 Timeout Nebraska
Nebraska 20 PennState 18
Nebraska 22 PennState 19 Timeout PennState
Nebraska 23 PennState 19 Timeout PennState
Nebraska 25 Nebraska 20

In 3 games, we had the lead twice. In the first game we got to critical point tied at 24, we blew the serve. Lost on their serve. Tells the story.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT