ADVERTISEMENT

Wrestling schedule

JTLion

Gold Member
Jun 21, 2001
When will the wrestling schedule be announced and when do tickets go on sale for standing room only.

When will the wrestling schedule be announced and when do tickets go on sale for standing room only.

perhaps I should pin this, as I keep having to answer it. CLICK HERE for something I previously wrote about the history of when PSU has released their wrestling schedule. It's rather variable.

as for ticket sales, I don't know the answer to that.

Isn't Iowa at PSU this year? I'm sure that Sanderson is not going to release the schedule until he can pin down a date for that one to be in the BJC.

Personally, I'm hoping that there are plans for another trip to CA somewhere in the schedule. I heard that the team was pretty fascinated with their first visit here in 2015.

Reactions: Cali_Nittany
Isn't Iowa at PSU this year? I'm sure that Sanderson is not going to release the schedule until he can pin down a date for that one to be in the BJC.

Personally, I'm hoping that there are plans for another trip to CA somewhere in the schedule. I heard that the team was pretty fascinated with their first visit here in 2015.

They really need to welcome Fresno State back. I wouldn't mind going back to Bakersfield too (I don't say that often).

Any thoughts on having the Nittant Lion Open again or is it being replaced with attending the Keystone Classic?

The NLO has conflicted with a BJC dual several times in recent years. Plus, because it is no longer an every year event the last time it was held the number of participants was way down from the normal 500+. Someone with better understanding can correct me but my understanding that the NLO raised funds for the NLWC and with the lower participation it no longer made much, if any, money.

The NLO has conflicted with a BJC dual several times in recent years. Plus, because it is no longer an every year event the last time it was held the number of participants was way down from the normal 500+. Someone with better understanding can correct me but my understanding that the NLO raised funds for the NLWC and with the lower participation it no longer made much, if any, money.
I thought that is why they cancelled it last year. I attended 2 years ago and thought it was great to watch everyone wrestle several times. Even if it wasn't against the best competition.

BJC Match(es) and SRO tickets at Rec Hall were on sale Sept. 15 last year, and mid-to-late October the 3 years prior. The Big Ten, BJC negotiation, and the faculty senate vote, all play a part, among other things.

Reactions: tikk10
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT