174 Mark Hall
Period 1: Hall up 2-0
Period 2: Hall FALL at 3:13

PennState 29 Binghamton 3

185 Bo Nickal
Period 1: Nickal up 4-1
Period 2: Nickal up 6-1
Period 3: Nickal with a 14-6 MAJOR

PennState 32 Binghamton 2 (1 point team deduction)

197 Anthony Cassar
Period 1: Cassar up 4-2
Period 2: Cassar up 6-2
Period 3: Cassar wins 10-4

PennState 35 Binghamton 2

285 Nick Nevills
Period 1: Nevills up 4-1
Period 2: Nevills up 4-1
Period 3: Nevills with a 12-3 MAJOR

PennState 40 Binghamton 2

Last edited:
Live video is available at ESPN3 starting at 7:00PM

125 Devin Schnupp
Period 1: Binghamton up 1-2
Period 2: Binghamton up 1-3
Period 3: Binghamton wins 4-7

PennState 0 Binghamton 3

133 Corey Keener
Period 1: Binghamton up 1-2
Period 2:
Why couldn’t Penn State get a grad transfer at 125 like they did at 133?

A little whiny, don't ya think?
What is wrong with the question? I’m not predicting doom and gloom, for the team, but this weight is really weak compared to every other weight. Some who are way more knowledgeable than me have said that it’s possible that we don’t win a single match at 125. We have reinforcements on the way, but you would think that hard working kids from second tier programs might jump at the chance to wrestle for Penn State.

What is wrong with the question? I’m not predicting doom and gloom, for the team, but this weight is really weak compared to every other weight. Some who are way more knowledgeable than me have said that it’s possible that we don’t win a single match at 125. We have reinforcements on the way, but you would think that hard working kids from second tier programs might jump at the chance to wrestle for Penn State.
No inside info, but I think two things were in play:
there's not a ton of depth at 125 nationally, kids are just bigger these days
Suriano's status was not determined until the spring or even the summer, with a limited time to find a replacement

No inside info, but I think two things were in play:
there's not a ton of depth at 125 nationally, kids are just bigger these days
Suriano's status was not determined until the spring or even the summer, with a limited time to find a replacement

Not only that, bur a team dosn't go out and "get" a transfer, graduate or otherwise. They have to come to you.

Not only that, bur a team dosn't go out and "get" a transfer, graduate or otherwise. They have to come to you.
Right, but there aren’t wrestlers out there that would like to win team Big Ten and National Championships?

Right, but there aren’t wrestlers out there that would like to win team Big Ten and National Championships?

I guess not. I think that once you've spent 3-4 years in another program, at another school, the decision becomes more of a personal one i.e. what does a transfer do to benefit me as a wrestler and/or a student.

NS didn't actually verify his transfer intent until August. Only whiny little girls would have a problem with the number one team, by a large margin, having a bit of a challenge at 125. WAA!

This powerhouse program can endure a single weak weight class. In fact, How would you rate PSU wrestling as a whole right now? Pretty good I bet. Slim chance to repeat, right?. How did they do without Suriano last NCAA championship?

Not every quality kid in this weight class across the country feels like transferring here or anywhere else.

I believe of the 7 NC teams, we have only qualified all 10 weights twice.

the 125 situation wasnt known to all parties until right up to class starting in august.

This powerhouse program can endure a single weak weight class. In fact, How would you rate PSU wrestling as a whole right now? Pretty good I bet. Slim chance to repeat, right?. How did they do without Suriano last NCAA championship?

Not every quality kid in this weight class across the country feels like transferring here or anywhere else.
Again, I’m not saying that we will lose without a 125. We may not lose a singal dual this year and take home both Big Ten and National championships. It’s like if Alabama football had one position group that was filled with two star recruits compared to all of the four and five star recruits at other groups.

NS didn't actually verify his transfer intent until August. Only whiny little girls would have a problem with the number one team, by a large margin, having a bit of a challenge at 125. WAA!

b29848926.jpg

Again, I’m not saying that we will lose without a 125. We may not lose a singal dual this year and take home both Big Ten and National championships. It’s like if Alabama football had one position group that was filled with two star recruits compared to all of the four and five star recruits at other groups.

I get that,,,, but it seems rather trivial. By the way, Bama has had 2 stars start ahead of 5 stars and gain all american status and go on to play in the NFL....as has our football program.

Speaking about the transfer not being confirmed is relevant and informative. Calling me a whiney girl is just name calling. As I said to Rip, I’m not saying anything is doom and gloom, I was just surprised that we didn’t find anyone better for 125.

Speaking about the transfer not being confirmed is relevant and informative. Calling me a whiney girl is just name calling. As I said to Rip, I’m not saying anything is doom and gloom, I was just surprised that we didn’t find anyone better for 125.

Not criticizing you at all, because in the abstract, your questions are good. It's just that you have to laugh that we are SOOOOOOOOO dominant now that we are having this conversation to begin with!!!! :)

I kind of feel like we just destroyed Nebraska 200 - 2, and we want to bench Trace for taking a sack in the end zone. :)

Not criticizing you at all, because in the abstract, your questions are good. It's just that you have to laugh that we are SOOOOOOOOO dominant now that we are having this conversation to begin with!!!! :)

I kind of feel like we just destroyed Nebraska 200 - 2, and we want to bench Trace for taking a sack in the end zone. :)
My frustration is that people are turning my question into me complaining or criticizing or whining about.

Reactions: BUFFALO LION
I think it's a fair point. I'm not as knowledgeable on wrestling as many here, but when we get to the BigTen Championships, or the NCAA's, and every point may matter, getting nothing at 125 could mean the difference.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT