ADVERTISEMENT

WrestleStat Rankings - Week 13 - 2018-2019

RBY and Berge both out of top 33?
They were removed as starters, guessing because RBY looked injured, and Verkleeran went for the last dual.

Looks like another user already set them back to starters, but the dual/tournament rankings won't reflect that until next week.

Bright side, didn't really hurt your dual or tournament ranking...

They were removed as starters, guessing because RBY looked injured, and Verkleeran went for the last dual.

Looks like another user already set them back to starters, but the dual/tournament rankings won't reflect that until next week.

Bright side, didn't really hurt your dual or tournament ranking...

Hmmm, Shakur didn’t wrestle this weekend either, but is still there @ #2.

Reactions: andegre
Young lost Friday and didn't wrestle Sunday ... just like RBY ... yet he's still there.

Hmmm, Shakur didn’t wrestle this weekend either, but is still there @ #2.
Yep, and a side-effect of allowing fans to update the starters for teams.

There was a problem with this the first few seasons, so I implemented an approval process for those types of changes. People were nefariously setting starters to backups in order to negatively affect the dual and tournament rankings. Now we can see who and when these changes were made.

When someone does it once, we (myself or @obrats) usually send the user an email asking for a "why" if it seems out of left field. We'll then approve/deny based on that. If we see more changes like this from a user after we already asked/warned them, then we throw the "Nefarious" flag on them and they aren't allowed to make changes, or participate in any of the extra features (PickEm, TourneyPool, etc).

We DO have a few users marked as Nefarious in the system, and we can see they still do try to make bad changes, but we block that ability so they can't screw it up anymore.

This change, though, wasn't all that off-the-wall, which is why I approved it originally, though I didn't see it unitl AFTER the rankings had already run...

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT