ADVERTISEMENT

Wreck Hall has spoken

Wow...impressive young man. This is admirable in so many ways and extremely well written. Congratulations on all your achievements Mark Hall but i think the most impressive one is the mature and humble young man you have become. Best wishes in all your future endeavors. You are certainly on the right path.

Anytime I saw Mark, I told him thank you for coming to State College. So maybe for the last time, thank you for coming to State College.

Please tell your biggest fan, your dad, thanks.

Reactions: Fatmarc
Great stuff Mark. Your message had maturity and passion. Can’t ask for more.

I've been following wrestling for a very long time - watched my first hs dual in 1958 and also started wrestling then (in 5th grade). No one I've seen could control his body like Mark could. It was like he had an extra brain controlling his extremeties. He would be in a position that for every other wrestler would mean he was about to be taken down. And then some body part would make a short move and suddenly Mark had the takedown. And you would sit there and ask, "What did I just see?"
Mark's wrestlng intelligence is off the charts. Watching him compete is watching an artist at work. Thank goodness it doesn't have to end. We'll still be watching Mark Hall for years.

I've been following wrestling for a very long time - watched my first hs dual in 1958 and also started wrestling then (in 5th grade). No one I've seen could control his body like Mark could. It was like he had an extra brain controlling his extremeties. He would be in a position that for every other wrestler would mean he was about to be taken down. And then some body part would make a short move and suddenly Mark had the takedown. And you would sit there and ask, "What did I just see?"
Mark's wrestlng intelligence is off the charts. Watching him compete is watching an artist at work. Thank goodness it doesn't have to end. We'll still be watching Mark Hall for years.

Good post, I agree. Mark’s wrestling chops match anyone I can remember at the NCAA level. Class individual and very highly skilled.

Mark reminds me a lot of Cael. Just a quiet intensity. Personally, I believe athletes do well with that type of attitude in coaching.

Pure class is Mark Hall. Loved watching him wrestle. Seemed like yesterday when he announced he was coming to Penn State and I remember how excited I was. Well, Mark was as advertised and much more as a person. Thank you Mark for blessing us Penn State fans.

Like that hip check he gave Zahid during the dual last year. Smart wrestler

Perfect fit - Mark, Cael, Casey, Cody, Penn State, Vincenzo, and more. A great example of how an organization's (PSU Wrestling) culture and a person's (Mark) value system can result in something so synergistic. Mark's own words describe his growth as an individual, but think of the impact Mark had on his team-mates, the coaches, and others HE met. Nice young man that we'll be hearing more about as the years go on.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT