ADVERTISEMENT

Football WR Cristian Driver enters transfer portal

6d560d3919c904eb85ae1658576ea3ca.gif

Highly rated, didn't give it much time. Wonder what happened?

I was hoping that Cristian Driver could be our version of MHJ for Ohio State.

Cristian's father Donald had a fairly prolific career playing WR for the Green Bay Packers along with Brett Favre and Aaron Rodgers. Not quite MHSr numbers, but still very impressive.

I don't want to speculate on the why. We'll see how his career unfolds and more importantly whom do we get to replace him in the WR room.

Cristian's father Donald had a fairly prolific career playing WR for the Green Bay Packers along with Brett Favre and Aaron Rodgers. Not quite MHSr numbers, but still very impressive.

I don't want to speculate on the why. We'll see how his career unfolds and more importantly whom do we get to replace him in the WR room.
He sat on the bench while we ran out kids who can't run(cliffs lil bro) catch(McClain and Mega), or learn the playbook(Cephas). We'll know more in a year or two I suppose, but I fully expect 5 more portals as the room blows up, as it damn well should.

Reactions: Ski

It always struck me as odd that the staff saw him as a DB then after a season decided to try him at WR. My guess is, it was done for his dad and now it's time to go.

It always struck me as odd that the staff saw him as a DB then after a season decided to try him at WR. My guess is, it was done for his dad and now it's time to go.
It seemed to me more that the staff saw him as a DB but his heart wasn't in it and that he always had his heart intent on playing WR so the staff after conversations with him after his first season allowed him to move to WR where he really wanted to be all along.

Listed at 5'11" and 188 he didn't seem to be physical enough for Safety and didn't really excel in coverage. And at that size a WR needs special speed and moves to excel in the B10 which he didn't seem to have either. JMO

Reactions: lazydave841
Always wondered about John Dunmore from Florida, one of the most highly recruited WR's we have had, #11 in the country IIRC. Transferred to Oregon State; didn't make it there so he is now at "Towson." About 6-4, 210 can run, but you never know with WR's.

Always wondered about John Dunmore from Florida, one of the most highly recruited WR's we have had, #11 in the country IIRC. Transferred to Oregon State; didn't make it there so he is now at "Towson." About 6-4, 210 can run, but you never know with WR's.
Agreed. I've followed a couple of players on X that documented their offseason schedule. I can't recall which one but he was up at 5am and out of his room at 6am. He would lift for two hours. He'd then get breakfast. He had classes and tutoring from 9ish to 3ish. Then he'd meet teammates and run drills/practice. After that, it was homework or game-film study until he went to bed around 9pm. he sprinkled in things like meeting with a nutritionist, coaches, psych, and physical therapist. I have always been impressed at the level of effort these kids (yes, kids) put into the game. And I would never have made it at that age. I am not and never have been a party person, but the level of sacrifice is very impressive.

Reactions: lazydave841
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT