ADVERTISEMENT

WOW --- the NBC execs sure made Al Michaels apologize FAST

I like Al Michaels and I thought he was smarter than this. Jesus. It's a pretty simple philosophy. Don't joke about sexual assault.

If anyone is wondering why you're not hearing Harvey Weinstein jokes on SNL, Colbert, Conan, Fallon, etc it might be because sexual assault isn't funny and they are likely not going to make light of something when people they depend on to support their shows may have been victims or maybe they just know better.

Almost every joke makes light of something that others can find offensive.

Reactions: bmw199 and Howie'81
I like Al Michaels and I thought he was smarter than this. Jesus. It's a pretty simple philosophy. Don't joke about sexual assault.

If anyone is wondering why you're not hearing Harvey Weinstein jokes on SNL, Colbert, Conan, Fallon, etc it might be because sexual assault isn't funny and they are likely not going to make light of something when people they depend on to support their shows may have been victims or maybe they just know better.

Well, it seemed like it must have been funny when O'Reily and Trump were accused.

Reactions: Connorpozlee
Well, it seemed like it must have been funny when O'Reily and Trump were accused.

I don't understand what you're trying to say? Are you criticizing them for both making jokes about sexual assault and not making jokes about sexual assault?

I think any time somebody decides to not make jokes about sexual assault it's a good idea.

a46b4417503890eee29f19fda6461ccf--burritos-wraps.jpg

^^That's not funny? It's hilarious. Maybe bc it's based on a hyperbolic comment someone made and not an actual incident, but come on people. If you make a joke that's funny about anything, I'll laugh. About me, something I've gone through, something a love oned has gone through, anything. However, if your joke isn't funny then it could be offensive, that's the risk of comedy. I guess I don't have a problem with someone apologizing for a joke that was in poor taste, but I'm not sure Al's comment was that.

I don't understand what you're trying to say? Are you criticizing them for both making jokes about sexual assault and not making jokes about sexual assault?

I think any time somebody decides to not make jokes about sexual assault it's a good idea.

I don't care, really. I just want them to treat guys like Ailes, O'Reilly, Trump, Weinstein, R Kelly, Woody Allen, Bill Clinton and that ilk the same.

People are a little too sensitive in general these days. It seems as if they are looking, no, seeking opportunities to play the outrage card. It not as if Michaels said: "You know someone asked Hillary if her husband's behavior was comparable to Weinstein's and she replied, 'close, but no cigar'". :eek:

Reactions: Connorpozlee
Yes I do.

I'd like to know what you find funny. I don't mean that in a sarcastic way...I really am curious as to which comedians/shows/movies make you laugh out loud. I think that if you find fault with a joke as innocuous as Al Michaels', then you probably can be offended by a great majority of late night tv, and 99% of comediens. Personally, I can't see going through life being so easily offended. Maybe when my kids are older I might see things differently.

OK, fair enough...but kneeling for the national anthem is "the right platform?"

Good point. My thoughts are that protesting human rights versus using some sick humor are two different things. The protesting during the anthem certainly worked at the beginning as it drew attention to the cause (police brutality to african americans). Now for the same reason people voted in our current president many are giving it right back via all kinds of avenues and the vision Kapernick initiated has blurred. I think protesting the anthem for police brutality needs to evolve and move to another platform, but now that our "leader" brought his baggage/ignorance to create more division to further his cause has evolved this into a mini civil war.

Good point. My thoughts are that protesting human rights versus using some sick humor are two different things. The protesting during the anthem certainly worked at the beginning as it drew attention to the cause (police brutality to african americans). Now for the same reason people voted in our current president many are giving it right back via all kinds of avenues and the vision Kapernick initiated has blurred. I think protesting the anthem for police brutality needs to evolve and move to another platform, but now that our "leader" brought his baggage/ignorance to create more division to further his cause has evolved this into a mini civil war.

This all started under our last “leader”. He did nothing to stop it in fact he perpetuated it.

what network was brent musburger on when he spoke up about the RB from Oklahoma that was accused of beating up his GF? They told him that there was a controversy and he went on to say everyone deserves a second chance and FU. Two months later and he is retired. CBS?

Well, ok. But now you are introducing opinion. And when you introduce opinion, you leave it up to the individual to decide.

To round out the discussion on kneeling, you now have people kneeling for all kinds of things, order has been thrown out and there is no end game.....a further erosion of civilization, in whatever measure you care to think about it.

You must not have been paying attention five years ago. They had no problem whatsoever making Sanduskey/Paterno/Penn State jokes. Even suggesting they "know better" is absurd. The only reason they'd hold back now is because Weinstein is part of their world, and it's not so funny when there's possibly guilt by association.....either to Weinstein or some other Hollywood abusers who are starting to be outed.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT