ADVERTISEMENT

Wow. So many Pitt threads on this board

GT74

Jul 20, 2001
Glad Pitt isn't as 'irrelevant' as PSU fans claim. Lol. Seems to be more about Pitt's bowl than your own. Think as you like, but I am happy with Pitt's bowl, nice area, quality opponent. Better than Pinstripe for me, better weather, too. Both teams drew good opponents, it will be an interesting bowl season. Happy holidays to you guys.

During the holiday season, our thoughts often go to the downtrodden and those more unfortunate than us. It's only right that we not take our own blessings for granted.

As they say, to whom much is given, much is expected.

Glad Pitt isn't as 'irrelevant' as PSU fans claim. Lol. Seems to be more about Pitt's bowl than your own. Think as you like, but I am happy with Pitt's bowl, nice area, quality opponent. Better than Pinstripe for me, better weather, too. Both teams drew good opponents, it will be an interesting bowl season. Happy holidays to you guys.

Having just visited Annapolis for the first time this past fall, I concur with you that it's a nice area. We loved our weekend there. And I really like playing the academies. Not sure how much better the weather will be than NYC. I guess its a little farther south so that might help a bit.

Your post is a good one, but often times Pitt fans confuse ridicule with relevance. Most of the Pitt posts here by our fans are the former and are generated in response to the many Pitt trolls who visit. I think it's also fair to say that most are good natured and carry no actual animus. Right now I think Pitt has a better football team than we do, but I think we have a stronger program going forward. In any event, I wish you were playing another BigTen team so I could cheer for you, but alas, you are playing Navy and so I will favor the Middies. Happy Holidays to you as well.

True
Your post is a good one, but often times Pitt fans confuse ridicule with relevance. Most of the Pitt posts here by our fans are the former and are generated in response to the many Pitt trolls who visit. I think it's also fair to say that most are good natured and carry no actual animus. Right now I think Pitt has a better football team than we do, but I think we have a stronger program going forward. In any event, I wish you were playing another BigTen team so I could cheer for you, but alas, you are playing Navy and so I will favor the Middies. Happy Holidays to you as well.
True dat! If our mods banned Pitt trolls using the same criteria that gets one banned on The Liar, the number of Pitt related threads would diminish by more than half!

The problem with Pitt posters is their propensity to exaggerate, act in a juvenile/childish fashion, and worse making themselves look like petty liars with their Ped State and other lying nonsense. One ass posts over and over again "Joe knew, they all knew" and everyone knows what bullshit it is. Including themselves.

Thanks. Listen, I would root for Navy too, if they weren't playing Pitt. I am a fan of all of the service academies, how can you not be? Penn St has had a better program for a long time. But, I think Narduzzi and the new admin are changing the culture. This year was a step forward. Penn St may go forward too, but Pitt will not be a slouch down the line. Their recruiting will get better, and the program will become more stable. PSU's recruiting is through the roof, so if things don't reach a new level soon, it will be extremely disappointing for you fans. There is much anticipation for the teams playing each other, as you can see on both boards. And, with the well-wishes for Conner here, happy holidays are easy for me to say.

The problem with Pitt posters is their propensity to exaggerate, act in a juvenile/childish fashion, and worse making themselves look like petty liars with their Ped State and other lying nonsense. One ass posts over and over again "Joe knew, they all knew" and everyone knows what bullshit it is. Including themselves.
Marshall, I'm sure you realize as we all do, that every board has its 'juvenile/childish' posters, including this one. The topics are just different. But, on the other hand, every board also has its rational, mature posters. From an outsider, there are many similarities in this board and the Pitt board, just as there are differences. I just try to tolerate the irrational, hateful posts, as many of you do also.

Marshall, I'm sure you realize as we all do, that every board has its 'juvenile/childish' posters, including this one. The topics are just different. But, on the other hand, every board also has its rational, mature posters. From an outsider, there are many similarities in this board and the Pitt board, just as there are differences. I just try to tolerate the irrational, hateful posts, as many of you do also.

Comparing this board and Pantherlair is comparing apples and oranges. This board just recently started discussing Pitt and the reason it did was because a few Pitt posters created accounts and threads on this site when Pitt briefly became relevant and ranked. Since then, we have taken to the Pitt fans who troll this site and make fun of them. Pantherlair, on the other hand, has been discussing Penn State non stop for over a decade. I would venture to guess it would be hard to find 1 thread on that board without some reference to Penn State, Franklin, etc. You have to truly laugh when an opposing teams messageboard has prediction threads for your games each week and not only that they get more posts and views than the Pitt prediction thread.

Thanks. Listen, I would root for Navy too, if they weren't playing Pitt. I am a fan of all of the service academies, how can you not be? Penn St has had a better program for a long time. But, I think Narduzzi and the new admin are changing the culture. This year was a step forward. Penn St may go forward too, but Pitt will not be a slouch down the line. Their recruiting will get better, and the program will become more stable. PSU's recruiting is through the roof, so if things don't reach a new level soon, it will be extremely disappointing for you fans. There is much anticipation for the teams playing each other, as you can see on both boards. And, with the well-wishes for Conner here, happy holidays are easy for me to say.
I certainly agree that Narduzzi has changed the culture. Those tight wins at the beginning of the season were EXACTLY the types of games that Pitt would have lost in the past. I kind of like the guy and think he is a great fit at Pitt. Of course, I hope that he loses out on recruits that we are pursuing, but I cannot root for that guy to fail.

Reactions: AJSH2P and nits74
Other than this thread, which you just started, I count two on the main page, and one is way down. Both are making fun of Pitt.

Pitt ????
Pitt... Rodney Dangerfield

I'm sure you count the threads where Pitt is mentioned in passing, such as "Pennsylvania Bowl Team payouts" or "If you think Pitt fans are disappointed". While threads like that turn in to making fun of Pitt (because it is really easy and fun), it's not a "Pitt thread".

Last edited:
Other than this thread, which you just started, I count two on the main page, and one is way down. Both are making fun of Pitt.

Pitt ????
Pitt... Rodney Dangerfield

I'm sure you count the threads where Pitt is mentioned in passing, such as "Pennsylvania Bowl Team payouts". While threads like that turn in to making fun of Pitt (because it is really easy and fun), it's not a "Pitt thread".
There were 3 of the first nine threads with Pitt the theme in the OP when I got on and posted that. I know you enjoy making fun of Pitt, and talking down to Pitt people. I get it. I will not lower myself to that level. Have a good week.

Last edited:
Reactions: nits74
There were 3 of the first nine with Pitt the theme in the OP when I got on and posted that. I know you enjoy making fun of Pitt, but I will not lower myself to that level. You enjoy talking down to Pitt people. I get it. Have a good week.

That's pretty much impossible since there are only 2 on the first page right now, not including your post. One of them is WAY down the first page too. It's OK, we know that it makes you feel relevant, so you can believe what you want to believe.

Of course we enjoy making fun of Pitt. No program has failed more on a national stage, and no program has such delusional fans. Why would you ever make fun of Pitt? Why is your English so bad that you would type that... is it your Pitt education? Serious question, is there any other way to talk to a Pitt people but down?

That's pretty much impossible since there are only 2 on the first page right now, not including your post. One of them is WAY down the first page too. It's OK, we know that it makes you feel relevant, so you can believe what you want to believe.

Of course we enjoy making fun of Pitt. No program has failed more on a national stage, and no program has such delusional fans. Why would you ever make fun of Pitt? Why is your English so bad that you would type that... is it your Pitt education? Serious question, is there any other way to talk to a Pitt people but down?
panda, you continually demean people, and their education. I hope you have a PhD, because I have a master's degree plus from two reputable institutions, and I don't 'talk down' to others. We just have opposite attitudes toward respect and consideration for others and their opinions. There is really nothing else to debate. Have a good one.

It's just the dead time of the year and comments about bowl selections which were released yesterday after weeks of you and other Pitt fans coming here and talking smack. Normally we joke here and it's a matter of 'laughing with you rather than at you" but after the recent Pitt invasion here- we really are laughing at you and your perceived importance. ;)

Edit- there's 5 of 38 posts about pit, one of which you started and one that just simply details the bowls of the Pennsylvania teams. Not quite the obsession you see on the panther boards.

panda, you continually demean people, and their education. I hope you have a PhD, because I have a master's degree plus from two reputable institutions, and I don't 'talk down' to others. We just have opposite attitudes toward respect and consideration for others and their opinions. There is really nothing else to debate. Have a good one.

If you really respected me, you would have addressed the point of my post, instead of this pointless distraction. I continually point out people who can't count (i.e. there only being 2 Pitt threads) and people who aren't very articulate in their writing style. Just so happens that you fit both of those criteria. I'm sorry you're so sensitive to feedback and find it demeaning, but I don't know how you're going to improve unless we help.

Why so many criers about the topics of the board???

Newsflash. Its a message board where you tune into what you want and ignore what you don't like.

It is hard not to talk about pitt on this board. Everything I read about psu has some pitt trolls in the comments making the usual dumb jokes. Every joke that the UGA board has about the scandal is liked by multiple people with pitt user names. How pathetic is that? You pitt fans talk so much about how the school should have been given the death penalty over what happened because it is so horrific yet your fans are liking posts joking about that mess. What happened was terrible on all levels but yet there is a thread on the pitt board joking about it? Stay classy Pittsburgh.

I am starting to think the Pitt Troll(s) on this board have multiple accounts. I wish I had a nickel for everytime Ditka1960 and GT74 said "I'm done here....have a good week" only to reply 5 minutes later. These guys say hello and goodbye more than a Pitt coach.

Reactions: Mixolydian
I am starting to think the Pitt Troll(s) on this board have multiple accounts. I wish I had a nickel for everytime Ditka1960 and GT74 said "I'm done here....have a good week" only to reply 5 minutes later. These guys say hello and goodbye more than a Pitt coach.

You speak the truth. They aren't the only ones either, there are plenty of them playing the same game.

Same to you "Little Brother".

Same to you "Little Brother".

How many times are we going to have to explain to them that just because we make fun of them, doesn't make them relevant? Their inability to understand such a simple point doesn't really make one think highly of a Pitt education.

Reactions: Marshall30
How many times are we going to have to explain to them that just because we make fun of them, doesn't make them relevant? Their inability to understand such a simple point doesn't really make one think highly of a Pitt education.

They're still delusional, still making up nonsense, and still lying. Drunken old men with nothing better to do with their time. Go volunteer, greet at Wal-Mart, wipe tables at McDonald's. In other words, grow up and get a life.

Reactions: simons96
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT