ADVERTISEMENT

Wow...Marriott's bid for Starwood derailed

Thanks for posting, Obliviax. I was looking forward to Starwood/Marriott merging. Looks like there is still a chance of that happening (according to the article you linked).

scary to me how the Chinese are starting to really buy things around the world. They started 5+ years ago buying up huge amount of natural resources, mainly oil and minerals. now they are going out and starting to buy companies in Europe and North and South America. I don't trust them at all. Very bad for the 'free' world to have Communist China have so much ownership of things. That will only end up in a bad place.

Reactions: indoorgolf
scary to me how the Chinese are starting to really buy things around the world. They started 5+ years ago buying up huge amount of natural resources, mainly oil and minerals. now they are going out and starting to buy companies in Europe and North and South America. I don't trust them at all. Very bad for the 'free' world to have Communist China have so much ownership of things. That will only end up in a bad place.
they don't really act like communists, more like early 20th century robber barons-but I don't trust them, either

Reactions: LionJim
they don't really act like communists, more like early 20th century robber barons-but I don't trust them, either

Chinese are rich with cash....but the end is coming and they are trying to diversify into blue chip companies.

For Marriott .... not too late ... this is now an auction for Starwood

We used to say the same when the Arabs were buying up everything. It's all relative.

We used to say the same when the Arabs were buying up everything. It's all relative.
The Arabs have all the gas money and the Chinese all the manufacturing money. In America, we now have the fast food money and it's not making a good economy.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT