ADVERTISEMENT

Would anybody here trade Parsons for Chase Young ?

83wuzme

Apr 27, 2005
I would not, despite all of the blather we constantly hear about him. Young has outstanding quickness for a DE, but he is having a lot of trouble drawing a bead on Trevor Lawrence, who is all of 6’6”. Clemson does not appear to be double teaming him much. He also seems to take plays off.
Maybe he is creating opportunities for other defenders, but that is hardly the stuff of Heisman hype.

I would not, despite all of the blather we constantly hear about him. Young has outstanding quickness for a DE, but he is having a lot of trouble drawing a bead on Trevor Lawrence, who is all of 6’6”. Clemson does not appear to be double teaming him much. He also seems to take plays off.
Maybe he is creating opportunities for other defenders, but that is hardly the stuff of Heisman hype.

giphy.gif

They'd both be on the field together right now if it weren't for the Gameday fiasco. Could you imagine that?

Reactions: bdgan
Of course, as would anyone that isn’t being a homer.

However, ask me again in a few years and maybe the answer changes.

Chase has been largely invisible the last 2 games
As was Micah during parts of the year...there is a reason that Young will go #2 in the draft. Young has been dominant for most of the year. Did you watch the PSU game? We couldn’t block him.

After seeing the Memphis de abuse fries, I’m thinking it was more about our lack of blocking than it was chase young being a beast. Have not seen him do a whole lot against Michigan or Clemson.

Reactions: 83wuzme
As was Micah during parts of the year...there is a reason that Young will go #2 in the draft. Young has been dominant for most of the year. Did you watch the PSU game? We couldn’t block him.
He had a good quarter and a half against us.

Parsons always does something...Young disappears and does nothing for long stretches and sometimes entire games.

Of course not. They play different positions. I would rather have both of them playing at the same time for my team..... imagine that!

Why would I trade the best defensive player in the country in 2020 for a guy who will be in the NFL?

No, especially since Parsons has another year.

No, especially since Parsons has another year.

Young is a legit stud. Parsons is playing great and absolutely has another level he can get to. I’ll keep Parsons, I really like him as a player and the person he’s become.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT