ADVERTISEMENT

Wonder if TFLs will get cleaned up this week.

MSU has really good DT play (top 3 DTs were all 4 stars) and our DEs are good against the run but lack the ‘get upfield’ athleticism.

Their will always be some TFL's in this system and with teams crashing on Barkley. MSU's DL < OSU's DL...plain and simple. More importantly MSU's DB's <<<< OSU's DB's and they will get yards there.

I think losing Bates was huge. I saw a lot of blocks that weren't made due to confusion (the time the dude tackled #9 and #26 at the same time) or a pulling player didn't anticipate game speed. I suspect that will be better.

But Sparty has a good DL so who knows.

I think losing Bates was huge. I saw a lot of blocks that weren't made due to confusion (the time the dude tackled #9 and #26 at the same time) or a pulling player didn't anticipate game speed. I suspect that will be better.

But Sparty has a good DL so who knows.
The one I remember is the pulling guard 74 not getting over to block Hubbard. If he had, the play may have gone for a TD, or at least a big gainer. Instead, 4-5 yard loss.

Reactions: Obliviax
If Coach Moorhead doesn't cut down on the RPO plays..........I fear another long day with multiple..........TFL. At least I hope he doesn't RPO to the left, especially on 3rd and 17 because that would be worse than.........the heartbreak of Psoriasis. Please review the non-RPO plays from the Michigan game and maybe..........throw in the dreaded Jet Sweep.

The one I remember is the pulling guard 74 not getting over to block Hubbard. If he had, the play may have gone for a TD, or at least a big gainer. Instead, 4-5 yard loss.
I am still not convinced that 74 was to block Hubbard, 74's initial course looks like he is wanting to pull up into the hole. I think they intended to 'read' Hubbard. I could be wrong.

I am still not convinced that 74 was to block Hubbard, 74's initial course looks like he is wanting to pull up into the hole. I think they intended to 'read' Hubbard. I could be wrong.
I remember thinking how did they expect 74 to make that play against OSU's DE's , so you might be right.
MSU's DEs are not anywhere near OSU level, so that is a big positive going into tomorrow.

Isn't the strength of MSUs DL the tackles? That was the strength of Michigan's all-word DL as well and we handled that game pretty well. I think our OL will do just fine this week.

If Coach Moorhead doesn't cut down on the RPO plays..........I fear another long day with multiple..........TFL. At least I hope he doesn't RPO to the left, especially on 3rd and 17 because that would be worse than.........the heartbreak of Psoriasis. Please review the non-RPO plays from the Michigan game and maybe..........throw in the dreaded Jet Sweep.

And if you don't cut down on the elipses, I fear I won't be able to read any more of your posts.

Isn't the strength of MSUs DL the tackles? That was the strength of Michigan's all-word DL as well and we handled that game pretty well. I think our OL will do just fine this week.
Lets see how we do without Ryan Bates. Can Fries (LT) and Wright (RT) hold up tomorrow? That is the key to victory in this game. Hoping the dedicated week of practice @ LT for Fries is beneficial and that Wright is healthier and able to play well. A third physical game in as many weeks - gut check time.

Lets see how we do without Ryan Bates. Can Fries (LT) and Wright (RT) hold up tomorrow? That is the key to victory in this game. Hoping the dedicated week of practice @ LT for Fries is beneficial and that Wright is healthier and able to play well. A third physical game in as many weeks - gut check time.
Bates may play; we'll see.

Bates may play; we'll see.

not sure what the knee injury was but he was not able to go back in the game - tried a couple plays. not counting that he could be effective.

we still lack the quality depth on the OL players. having to move 2 players for 1 injury is the issue.

is there anybody on the internet who doesn't know more about football than the coaches of the teams that they follow?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT