ADVERTISEMENT

With all due respect to potato chips, the pretzel is the king of PA snack foods

Can we still dip our pretzels using Herlocher's or are we boycotting/blaming them for the Skeller closing down? Just kidding. Time marches on and the Skeller situation doesn't bother me.

Reactions: Nitwit
Boy, I don't know. Have you ever had an ice cold beer and a fresh, crisp bag of Middleswarth BBQ chips ?
However, I must agree that one of the best flavor combinations in the universe is a Miller's hot bologna and a nice salty pretzel.

Sof' philly pretzel, right off the corner on Passyunk Ave.

(And you know how to properly pronounce Passyunk).
Agreed RE soft pretzels.
Snyder’s sourdough for hard.

But to accompany a great philly hoagie, even the best pretzel can’t beat plain or kettle chips IMO.

box of brokes
pretzel-box.fw_-1.png

Shuey's in Lebanon, or Uncle Henry's in Mohnton. Uncle Henry's are handmade. I saw Snyder's for sale in Curacao.

Reactions: geezer36
12_oz_french_onion_dip.png

I'm a B&L french onion guy. My grandmother always had this with potato chips growing up.

Can we still dip our pretzels using Herlocher's or are we boycotting/blaming them for the Skeller closing down? Just kidding. Time marches on and the Skeller situation doesn't bother me.

They put herlochers in the entryway of giants in state college, really trying to push it. There is never a jar missing off the rack

Potato Chips? Pretzels? Not for me. Give me a box of these and you won't hear a peep out of me all evening. :)

marshmallow_peeps.jpg

Reactions: step.eng69
First of all the picture is very distracting. Now for the best marshmallows, excuse me I mean Chips Martin Country Kettles are my favorite, Gibbles close 2nd. Pretzels would have to be UTZ Special Darks.

Fallers pretzel sticks. Soft pretzels.....the ones from Bell Alley in Reading. Goods or Dieffenbach's chips...both are great.

Bell Alley pretzels recently announced their closing only to be bailed out by a local car dealership. Needless to say, if you want some of their pretzels again, I'd recommend visiting them soon.

Any old timers from NEPA remember these?
pottsville-pa-marsdens-potato-chips_1_6432824739eb84a0351f52757ce8b98f.jpg

Anyway, for current selections-- regular chips/ Good's. BBQ chips/ Martin's Also good ones/ Bickel's and Dieffenbach's (I finally found their factory store)

Pretzels-- Snyder's Hard sourdough/ Tom Sturgis Chris B's/ Good's LIttle Pretzels. Not into anything too thin.

I heard an interesting tid bit on the radio the other day that fits nicely in this thread. 80% of pretzels consumed in the US come from PA.

Reactions: vops and Nitwit
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT