ADVERTISEMENT

FB Recruiting Wisconsin offers 2025 PSU commit

PSU might be a pretty solid 3rd in the B10 right now as an OL destination, behind tOSU and UM. Not that PSU has had the 3rd best line but the buzz in terms of player development is positive the improvement from 2021 to 2022 was steep. Players are developing and the line as a whole is improving.

Wisconsin used to be maybe 2nd in the B1G for OL but it will take at least a couple of years to re-establish that -- when you fire a coach, the new coaching staff has to kind of prove themselves before they're going to beat out top programs for recruits.

There's some buzz that Matthews recruitment is still active and he is far from a hard core commitment to Penn State.

Reactions: aworsnup
My guess is that you could say the same thing about probably 2/3 of the verbals at this time in the process.
Agree...at one point we'd say "really, Wisconsin, why would he go there". Today, it is about NIL bucks which we don't have visibility into.

Agree...at one point we'd say "really, Wisconsin, why would he go there". Today, it is about NIL bucks which we don't have visibility into.
How long ago was it that we would question an OL for going to Wisconsin? Wisconsin's track record is impressive at developing NFL talent.

I don't believe that this is just a PSU issue; it's just the way the game is being played today by recruits. That's why I really don't get too excited when these really early verbals are announced; I take them with a large grain of salt.

PSU might be a pretty solid 3rd in the B10 right now as an OL destination, behind tOSU and UM. Not that PSU has had the 3rd best line but the buzz in terms of player development is positive the improvement from 2021 to 2022 was steep. Players are developing and the line as a whole is improving.

Wisconsin used to be maybe 2nd in the B1G for OL but it will take at least a couple of years to re-establish that -- when you fire a coach, the new coaching staff has to kind of prove themselves before they're going to beat out top programs for recruits.
this is not Barry Alvarez Wisconsin offense any more. Fickle brought in an air raid system that is most definitely not the old power run game that put all those hulking Wisco O linemen in the NFL. And current Wisconsin recruiting does not seem to have a lot of traction in Wisconsin, maybe because they are new comers and recruited elsewhere, but also the old regime had deep contacts and relationships locally and there may be some "resentment"

Reactions: Obliviax
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT