ADVERTISEMENT

Willie's PSU Depth Chart and Targets for 2020 and beyond

Won’t copy and paste, but only real news is that Willie seems pretty sure Mark is taking an Oly RS. Other than that, read Dice’s board. he likes crookham to come here, targets a few other guys for us at 125 and middleweights. Thinks maybe Joe Lee or maybe Starrocci, who he’s high on at 165 and Cenzo at 174, sheed (Brooks likely to shirt), Beard/Conel is a tossup.

Reactions: danoftw
Willie's article makes the point that Manville "can and should" take an Olympic shirt himself.

He calls the chance that Brooks is in the lineup this year "close to non-existent."

He says (but does not explain why) he thinks the best thing for Starocci would be to be forced into the lineup this year. He also says he promises that Starocci is going to be a force.

He predicts "a big leap" from Berge this year.

He calls Shak a title threat.

And he calls Beard a "better and more consistent threat" than Conel, but seems to think Conel in the lineup this year makes the most sense.

So Cenzo will be able to eat some of his Mom's pasta this year.

If Marky doesn't shirt, assume Cenzo would have a hard time making 65?

Reactions: diggerpup
Willie's article makes the point that Manville "can and should" take an Olympic shirt himself.

He calls the chance that Brooks is in the lineup this year "close to non-existent."

He says (but does not explain why) he thinks the best thing for Starocci would be to be forced into the lineup this year. He also says he promises that Starocci is going to be a force.

He predicts "a big leap" from Berge this year.

He calls Shak a title threat.

And he calls Beard a "better and more consistent threat" than Conel, but seems to think Conel in the lineup this year makes the most sense.

Brooks and Beard gonna be a handful after a redshirt season :)

I worry about the length of guys if Cenzo moves up. Maybe it won't be a big deal, and I still think Cenzo is a favorite to win 174lbs if he does (along with Zahid), but I think he'll have to deal with some lengthy guys because he's not a tall guy. I'd love to see a Cenzo-Zahid match, though. Also, we could see another Cenzo-Kemerer battle like the the epic finals battle they had at the PIAA tournament their junior year where Cenzo pinned Kemerer in OT.

Marky down at 165lbs would be interesting, too. We could see another Bull vs Marky battle. I don't believe The Bull has ever beaten Mark.

I worry about the length of guys if Cenzo moves up. Maybe it won't be a big deal, and I still think Cenzo is a favorite to win 174lbs if he does (along with Zahid), but I think he'll have to deal with some lengthy guys because he's not a tall guy. I'd love to see a Cenzo-Zahid match, though. Also, we could see another Cenzo-Kemerer battle like the the epic finals battle they had at the PIAA tournament their junior year where Cenzo pinned Kemerer in OT.

Marky down at 165lbs would be interesting, too. We could see another Bull vs Marky battle. I don't believe The Bull has ever beaten Mark.
Per Flo, sounds like Zahid is moving up. That makes sense since he will be trying to win a spot on the Olympic team at 189 and the trials are 2 weeks after NCAA's.

Has the Bull ever kept it to a regular decision against Hall?

Hall redshirting doesn't make much sense to me. Unfortunately he is very much a tweener for the Olympic weight classes. Cutting to 163, which he said several years ago he couldn't do any more is a huge cut and gong up to 189 he would be VERY much on the small side. Not sure there is a good option for Mark re the Olympics.

Won’t copy and paste, but only real news is that Willie seems pretty sure Mark is taking an Oly RS. Other than that, read Dice’s board. he likes crookham to come here, targets a few other guys for us at 125 and middleweights. Thinks maybe Joe Lee or maybe Starrocci, who he’s high on at 165 and Cenzo at 174, sheed (Brooks likely to shirt), Beard/Conel is a tossup.
Moving home to Easton makes it easier for Willie visit the Crookham residence at 12:01 am, July 1, 2021.

Has the Bull ever kept it to a regular decision against Hall?

I am not sure. I think the last time they met in folkstyle was an all-star meet after high school. Dream Team vs Iowa All-Stars maybe? Hall won 15-5. I think the last time they wrestled freestyle Mark threw him on his head and he has teched him in freestyle as well.

EDIT: The Bull is from Ohio. I don't know what all-star meet it was but I still think it was their last folkstyle match.

Last edited:
I am not sure. I think the last time they met in folkstyle was an all-star meet after high school. Dream Team vs Iowa All-Stars maybe? Hall won 15-5. I think the last time they wrestled freestyle Mark threw him on his head and he has teched him in freestyle as well.

EDIT: The Bull is from Ohio. I don't know what all-star meet it was but I still think it was their last folkstyle match.

That’s because the Bull had a tough draw I’m sure...Screwed by some committee, the Bull never loses

Marky spladdled him

Dream Team vs. Minnesota

Spladled him in folkstyle, laced him in freestyle.

I would guess a Hall/Bull match up now would look a lot like a Hall/Kutler match up. Bull will want nothing to do with taking a shot on him.

More interesting than a Hall/Bull matchup for me would be Hall vs. Lewis. That would be fun.

Spladled him in folkstyle, laced him in freestyle.

I would guess a Hall/Bull match up now would look a lot like a Hall/Kutler match up. Bull will want nothing to do with taking a shot on him.

More interesting than a Hall/Bull matchup for me would be Hall vs. Lewis. That would be fun.
Hall vs.Lewis would be insane, but who would take a shot? Bull has had nothing for Hall so far.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT