ADVERTISEMENT

Will you get the COVID-19 vaccine when it is available?

Will you get the COVID-19 vaccine when it is available?

• Yes, without hesitation.

Votes: 56 53.8%
  • Possibly. It depends on side effects.

Votes: 18 17.3%
  • Possibly. I will wait to see the reported effectiveness after its release.

Votes: 16 15.4%
  • Absolutely not.

Votes: 6 5.8%
  • Fire Franklin.

Votes: 8 7.7%

• Total voters
Will you?
Fire Franklin will likely win if the season is played and PSU loses 2. Three loses will have this site on fire......In that scenario, James can only save his neck by sacrificing virtually his entire staff......in order 1. Smith 2. Pry 3. Banks 4. Joe Lorig.....the others may be safe if the beast is satisfied with those 4. Franklin will appear in every publication as on a very hot seat for 2021 due to a 10-3 record (2020). Posters here will proclaim that "we are better" before a snap in 2021, due to the coaching changes.:(

Why not? If the vaccine is made readily accessible I am assuming that it would have effectiveness and side effects on par with other existing vaccines. If that's the case I wouldn't hesitate to get it.

Fire Franklin will likely win if the season is played and PSU loses 2. Three loses will have this site on fire......In that scenario, James can only save his neck by sacrificing virtually his entire staff......in order 1. Smith 2. Pry 3. Banks 4. Joe Lorig.....the others may be safe if the beast is satisfied with those 4. Franklin will appear in every publication as on a very hot seat for 2021 due to a 10-3 record (2020). Posters here will proclaim that "we are better" before a snap in 2021, due to the coaching changes.:(

The positive feelings achieved by firing Franklin should be better than anything a silly vaccine can provide.

Isn’t pitt working on that?
If so it isn't very effective (The Panther Lair). They have a thread that identifies PSU as one of the most UNDER ACHIEVING programs in college football since 1980. HELLO?

If it was just me, I wouldn't get it (since these virus vaccines don't tend to be all that effective anyway)

But my wife is immune compromised, so I won't have a say in the matter.

Reactions: blmr31
Yes. Have gone to the Lombardy region of Italy the last two years and intended to go back this year. Not to mention being in NYC a dozen or so times a year. Probably would get it anyway, even if I stayed in the west-central PA sticks. Never got a flu vaccine, but this one has me spooked.

I’d like to say “yes” even though I’m afraid of needles... Probably depends on whether any vaccine was available once the wealthy / privileged received theirs*

Absolutely. I'm getting a serological test as soon as they are widely available so I can understand whether I have already been an asymptomatic case. I know that Jefferson here in the SEPA area and others are doing extensive testing of recovered individuals to determine how long immunity lasts. That is going to be hugely important.

There are going to be multiple vaccines available at some point, and it's going to be important to make sure the most effective one or ones become the standard. Because SARS-CoV-2 has not had time to mutate like the flu has, it's very likely that vaccines with be highly effective against it. We don't yet know if that will be true but if I had to bet, that's where my money would be.

Absolutely. I'm getting a serological test as soon as they are widely available so I can understand whether I have already been an asymptomatic case. I know that Jefferson here in the SEPA area and others are doing extensive testing of recovered individuals to determine how long immunity lasts. That is going to be hugely important.

There are going to be multiple vaccines available at some point, and it's going to be important to make sure the most effective one or ones become the standard. Because SARS-CoV-2 has not had time to mutate like the flu has, it's very likely that vaccines with be highly effective against it. We don't yet know if that will be true but if I had to bet, that's where my money would be.

They said that there are already 2 strands of the SARS-CoV-2 going around.

https://www.newscientist.com/articl...are-there-two-strains-and-is-one-more-deadly/

I am sure it will mutate some more in the next year before the vaccine is out.

They said that there are already 2 strands of the SARS-CoV-2 going around.

https://www.newscientist.com/articl...are-there-two-strains-and-is-one-more-deadly/

I am sure it will mutate some more in the next year before the vaccine is out.
Yes, there are two strains, good point. Overall, it's (we think) relatively stable in the ways that lead to the need for multiple vaccines. Not like influenza A which has over a hundred known sub-clades. Anything could happen but what we know points to a virus we can handle with a vaccine much more effectively than flu, where 50% effectiveness any given year is pretty good.

Would definitely get the shot if I was allowed, but I assume that just like a flu shot, it will be contraindicated for anyone who had Guillain-Barre syndrome. So I’m likely out and will have to count on the rest of you to provide some herd immunity.

Reactions: N&B4PSU and blmr31
I've got it (no, it isn't fun). Preuming I live, I'll have all the AB's I need to deal with future versions.

Reactions: blmr31
I've got it (no, it isn't fun). Preuming I live, I'll have all the AB's I need to deal with future versions.
Stay strong man. I believe I had it in mid January and spent a week in the hospital and still have lung issues. I spoke with a pulmonologist this morning and he said it's suspicious.

Reactions: N&B4PSU
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT