ADVERTISEMENT

Will smith just punched chris Rock in the face on the Oscar’s!

Staged-Will-Smith-Chris-Rock.jpg

I don't give Hollywood a penny. And I quit TV in 2016.

Brain-numbed fans of media and Hollywood give their time, attenti and money to the "Academy" that "does not condone violence in any form" - except for the violent movies and shows they pump out.

Reactions: psu00
I didn't see anyone post Kareem Abul-Jabbars take on this but as usual with him, it is spot on.

I totally agree with this. I really don't care much about Will or Chris. But as the Academy and so many other organizations are trying to diversify, they get two guys exchanging blows and pretending that is a normal way to resolve differences. We can argue John Wayne, defending your wife, it was a slap and not a punch, but it is horrible horrible optics for black Americans. Especially as we've seen much faster advancement for other races like Chinese, Japanese, Koreans, Indians, and so forth. Why are they advancing, without physical violence, while others are not.

It's a problem. I posted this on the test board but didn't want to introduce race on this board. But this is pretty glaring.

Considering pretty much everybody on The Academy knew that there was widespread crazy sex abuse for decades, which most of the country suspected all along anyway, and considering nobody in The Academy did anything about it, maybe The Academy should resign from The Academy.

Reactions: jjw165
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT