ADVERTISEMENT

Why did OSU fall 4 spots when an unranked

They moved ahead of us. And they put Oklahoma ahead of OSU . Something they didn't do last year.
You would think an Ohio State win over the #2 ranked team would vault them into the top 4 since they're Ohio State. But I think their poor showing in the playoffs last year hurts them, thereby hurts our chances.

They owed the B12 after last seasons f-up. This idiots format has to go to an 8 team format or it goes the way of ESPN and the NCAA..... cave drawings from a soon to be failed culture of the past.

Reactions: Nitwit97
You would think an Ohio State win over the #2 ranked team would vault them into the top 4 since they're Ohio State. But I think their poor showing in the playoffs last year hurts them, thereby hurts our chances.

It wasn’t the poor showing against Clemson in the playoffs that hurt them in the current playoff ranking. Most had them ranked second to start the season. The poor showing against Oklahoma is what is holding them back.

It wasn’t the poor showing against Clemson in the playoffs that hurt them in the current playoff ranking. Most had them ranked second to start the season. The poor showing against Oklahoma is what is holding them back.
Yep, just like our poor showing against Michigan last year.

It is a fool who looks for logic in the cockles of the human heat. It is an even bigger fool who looks for logic and fairness in the College Football Playoff System. Much as I dislike OSU, I think they were treated most unfairly and this is a reflection also on what they think of us. It began with the "who did Michigan play" comments after we beat them.

Reactions: N&B4PSU
Yes one thing the committee is consistent with is punishing non-competitive play in big games.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT