ADVERTISEMENT

Who's Also Having An Interesting "Holiday" Today?

Ban Basketball

Dec 3, 2017
Iowa
Because I'm twitterless, I'll opt to post such a twitter-like thread here. If inappropriate, please feel free to kill it.

Anyway, I'm seeing Shooter tonight (4-20) for the third time, and given this segment of the smokebox, it could be a "provocative" evening.

Reactions: papride1
I voluntarily reffed a system-wide middle school dodgeball tournament and had a team bring me a parent's cell phone to show me a video of how I blew a call...

I wish I was back in college.

I voluntarily reffed a system-wide middle school dodgeball tournament and had a team bring me a parent's cell phone to show me a video of how I blew a call...

LOL, many moons ago I volunteered to officiate my brother's little league game and called him out on a close call. To this fk'n day he brings it up at just about every family event. I should have kept my ass in the bleachers. @WTNuke

I’m sure the parent in question is perfect in every way and never makes a mistake, so he just wanted to help you be perfect, too. He had pure intentions. :rolleyes:

I feel your pain. I was elected by popular vote to be our class 4-square referee in 6th grade. I thought it was so prestigious and was honored that my friends felt I was the most trustworthy.

What it actually meant is that I never got to play and everybody yelled at me when a borderline call didn't go their way. The games were so contentious that our teacher actually had to take time out of her day to help us establish a set of permissible rules and plays. After a week we just weren't allowed to play anymore.

And everybody was mad at me.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT