ADVERTISEMENT

Who is Penn State's current rival?

Who is Penn State's current rival?

• Total voters
I was chatting with a guy yesterday after giving his son a hard time for wearing a Michigan shirt. He asked who our rival was. and suggested Penn. I said that he probobly meant Pitt, but they aren't really a rival anymore since we don't play every year. I said that we may consider tOSU a rival, but compared to Michigan, tOSU doesn't feel the same way. We talked about the big ten trying to fabricate rivalries with MSU, Nebraska (weren't they a guaranteed cross over game for a year or two?), and now MD and Rutgers.

Does Penn State need a true rival to succeed? when we won our MNC, we had Pitt as a clear rival. When we have had great teams since then (94, 99, 05, 08, 16), either we lacked something that allowed us to close out against inferior teams or the perception of our team was lacking.

Are there any top CFB teams out there that compete for national championships that don't have a real rival? Alabama has Auburn, tOSU has Michigan, etc.

Is playing a team every year a requirement for a rivalry? For example: arr Texas and Texas A&M still rivals?
Seems to be the team we play next week and ESPN all the time...............lol

A friend of mine said this was being posted here. Let me tell you as a fan of OSU, we do nNOT view PSU as a rival. Our rival is 1st Michigan and secondly MIchigan State. Sorry
Do you not have any ability to comprehend what you have read, or did you not read the original post? I clearly stated that tOSU and Michigan don't care about Penn State as a rival. This poll, on a Penn State board mind you, was concerning who Penn State fans consider their rival. I do not care about your opinion, or the opinion of anyone outside the Penn State fanbase. If I did, I would have posted my poll on an tOSU board.

Do you not have any ability to comprehend what you have read, or did you not read the original post? I clearly stated that tOSU and Michigan don't care about Penn State as a rival. This poll, on a Penn State board mind you, was concerning who Penn State fans consider their rival. I do not care about your opinion, or the opinion of anyone outside the Penn State fanbase. If I did, I would have posted my poll on an tOSU board.
Well, if those schools don't think you are a rival, then you are not. That is a definition of a rival.. your poll is stupid

Might want to let them know.. I doubt they feel the same...

Someone doesn't understand the definition of the world rival...

a person or thing competing with another for the same objective or for superiority in the same field of activity.
Doubt Urban is worried.. Osu is 10-4 since 2002. You are a practice game to OSU..

Nice random stat of 14 games. The overall series is 17-14, but included the bouncing pass game in 2003, and the most crooked football game of all time in 2014 where OSU was spotted 10 points and "won" in OT. Do that math on what the record would be if games were properly officiated... 16-15 in favor of PSU.

Better practice up, all the world remembers about OSU last season was 31-0. Meanwhile PSU won the B10 and lost a heart-breaker to USC in one of the most memorable bowl games of all time.

Reactions: Option Bob
I guess Frisbee has gone back to the lair so that he can listen to Stache tell every one how well they are recruiting against PSU. By the way in terms of mutual recruits, we have 12, they have 2.

Reactions: gregoryj95
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT