ADVERTISEMENT

Who has the better wrestling fans - Iowa or Penn State?

GG121AND2

Aug 1, 2007
There's been lots of recent posting about who has the better wrestling fans - the Hawkeyes or the Nittany Lions. There have been lots of unsubstantiated claims, but little proof. I propose a battle of the fan bases with actions replacing empty braggadocio.

Thanks to a "put your money where your mouth is" frequent Penn State fan poster on Hawkeye Report, Wrestling for Life is establishing an annual scholarship fund to one or more Ken Chertow wrestling camps for athletes from Beat the Streets-Philadelphia. I challenge both fan groups to make donations to Wrestling for Life this week. Donations from Penn State fans will go into the BTS-Philly scholarship fund and donations from Hawkeye fans will help start a fund to assist financially challenged families attend the U of I father/son camp. The winner will get an extra $200 added to their gifts from the WFL general fund.

Let the wild rumpus begin!

http://www.wrestlingforlife.org/index.php/donate

Fine cause, but really don't like the title of this thread. It's quite incongruous.

There's been lots of recent posting about who has the better wrestling fans - the Hawkeyes or the Nittany Lions. There have been lots of unsubstantiated claims, but little proof. I propose a battle of the fan bases with actions replacing empty braggadocio.

Thanks to a "put your money where your mouth is" frequent Penn State fan poster on Hawkeye Report, Wrestling for Life is establishing an annual scholarship fund to one or more Ken Chertow wrestling camps for athletes from Beat the Streets-Philadelphia. I challenge both fan groups to make donations to Wrestling for Life this week. Donations from Penn State fans will go into the BTS-Philly scholarship fund and donations from Hawkeye fans will help start a fund to assist financially challenged families attend the U of I father/son camp. The winner will get an extra $200 added to their gifts from the WFL general fund.

Let the wild rumpus begin!

http://www.wrestlingforlife.org/index.php/donate
Stupid post - PSU fans will say PSU and Iowa fans Iowa..Duh. I will say PSU has the much better fans who show respect to others compared to Iowa. I think the whole entire country already knows that though.

I apologize - I didn't suspect the thread would devolve into sniping this quickly. Sorry to offend. However, the BTS-Philadelphia camp scholarship fund did grow overnight.

I apologize - I didn't suspect the thread would devolve into sniping this quickly. Sorry to offend. However, the BTS-Philadelphia camp scholarship fund did grow overnight.

Please ignore the nonsense of some of this board, hope you post more here

The answer is obvious since Ken Chertow went to Penn State your post answers it's own question...WE ARE!!

Please ignore the nonsense of some of this board, hope you post more here

GG, I am a HUGE admirer. What you do for kids is beyond great.

Please ignore any "sniping", but I'll be honest, when I first read your subject line, it was obvious it could deteriorate quickly. Never your intention, I'm sure...

By the way - Wrestling for Life is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization, so your donation is tax deductible.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT