ADVERTISEMENT

Who has a classic car?

None in my garage just yet, but heading to the Mecum Auto Auction in Harrisburg tomorrow, so who knows?! In addition to the usual suspects of Mustangs, Corvettes and Thunderbirds, they have a sweet, frame-off restored 1952 Dodge Power Wagon truck, but I don't expect it will stay in my price range!

pa0817-294766_1.jpg

I am a huge pick up truck guy, and have coveted a Power Wagon for a long time. This would be the holy grail of classic pick up trucks for me. Unfortunately, it is for many others as well an these are very pricey, especially when all original.

BTW, I'm going to be at the Mecum auction on Saturday. Just window shopping, but my budy is looking for a corvette.

Owned a number of cars that are NOW "classics".
1962 Austin Healey 3000 Mark II, 1966 1/2, Mustang convertible (Navy Blue white top with a "consul" front seat, 1968 GTO :) (4 speed Hurst and Holley 3-barrel) and a couple of near classics, Triumph Spitfire and Buick Reatta. Sold them all REALLY cheap.

I am a huge pick up truck guy, and have coveted a Power Wagon for a long time. This would be the holy grail of classic pick up trucks for me. Unfortunately, it is for many others as well an these are very pricey, especially when all original.

I'd love to have an old Power Wagon, my friend had one when we were teenagers and it was the ultimate go anywhere. Brakes weren't very good so we'd just knock down a few trees to stop

This car I enjoyed for 30 some odd years before I sold it a couple of years ago... 1969 Mercedes 280SL Roadster

XHIFz1O.jpg
One of my favorite cars ever - in the right color - w/ the right interior. Wish I was around when you sold it.

Reactions: anacreon3

BTW, I'm going to be at the Mecum auction on Saturday. Just window shopping, but my budy is looking for a corvette.
What year do you like? My dad had a 57 that I wish I still had. That thing was a beast.

One of my favorite cars ever - in the right color - w/ the right interior. Wish I was around when you sold it.

My 1969 Mercedes 280SL Roadster was in Dark Green. And, I had her big sister 1972 Mercedes 280SEL 4.5 Sedan in the same Dark Green. I sold the SEL a couple of years before the Roadster. Both cars were pristine. The only flaw on the Roadster was a paint chip on the door edge of the passenger door, courtesy of my ex-wife slamming it against a brick wall (aluminum doors, remember)... it's one of the many reasons why she's my ex-wife.

1pQJmAO.jpg

Reactions: MtNittany
My 1969 Mercedes 280SL Roadster was in Dark Green. And, I had her big sister 1972 Mercedes 280SEL 4.5 Sedan in the same Dark Green. I sold the SEL a couple of years before the Roadster. Both cars were pristine. The only flaw on the Roadster was a paint chip on the door edge of the passenger door, courtesy of my ex-wife slamming it against a brick wall (aluminum doors, remember)... it's one of the many reasons why she's my ex-wife.

1pQJmAO.jpg
I thought the 280 was black. Dark green is nice though. ;)

Current:
1965 Pontiac GTO 389 Tri-Power, 4-speed, #'s match, all original survivor, 76k miles, national show winner
1969 Pontiac GTO Judge, Carousel Red, 400 Ram Air III 4-speed, #'s match, all original survivor, 63k miles
1970 Pontiac GTO Convertible, Atoll Blue/Sandlewood, loaded, #s match, one repaint in early '80s
1970 Pontiac GTO Convertible, Granada Gold/Saddle, #s match, fully restored
2015 Dodge Challenger RT Plus, Sublime (future classic)

Past:
1968 GTO hardtop
1969 Dodge Charger R/T, 440, B5 Blue, all original survivor (should have never sold this one)
1971 Chevelle SS454, 4-speed
1966 Chevelle SS396
1970 GTO hardtop (my brother owns it now)
1969 GTO hardtop (bought it from a good friend and sold it back to him 15 years later. He still has it)
1971 Chevy truck longbed, 402
1990 Mustang LX 5.0 Coupe (my first new car)

Last edited:
I've played with that idea - especially 300E wagons with the 3rd row... until I read up on MB using biodegradable wiring-harnesses... otherwise those W124's are overbuilt / anvil solid (i prefer the W124s over the W123)

MM - I'll go get it and drive it up to SCum game and charge you another grand if you like it.7400.1sA1X1311iQ1B

I found nice 300TD in China Blue, 150,000 miles, for sale on eBay, in the Pittsburgh area The auction ended before I could get the courage to bid on it, and it went for a little over $7000.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT