ADVERTISEMENT

Where to watch game downtown State College

BRETTPSU

Sep 18, 2002
Spending the weekend in Downtown State College to visit the daughter. Looking for a good place to watch and listen to the game downtown. Any suggestions? I know Champs has the games on and with volume but can you hear the game broadcast over the crowd noise? Other than my hotel room is there another place that will have the game on with volume?

Cafe 210 has a nice, relaxing atmosphere to watch a game if that's what you're looking for. Just get there early and grab a table on the right inside the door.

A secret place would be Your Cigar Den. Two big screens. Cigars. BYOB. This is located on Fraser Street Downtown. You are welcome.

Reactions: Bob78
Spending the weekend in Downtown State College to visit the daughter. Looking for a good place to watch and listen to the game downtown. Any suggestions? I know Champs has the games on and with volume but can you hear the game broadcast over the crowd noise? Other than my hotel room is there another place that will have the game on with volume?

Not quite Downtown, but far less crowded is Hi Way Pizza Pub on West College Ave.

Reactions: Bob78
I watch the games alone. But then, I do almost everything alone because there are other people, and I don’t want to be around them.

Most places downtown will be crowded and loud, I suggest Whiskers at the Penn Stater. Much more upscale crowd, but still fun and good food and drink.

Reactions: anon_xdc8rmuek44eq
FYI . Last year Champs downtown was 21 and over for the MD game. I was there with my son who is not of age so we took an Uber to the Champs on Atherton .

What's wrong with your hotel room?

I used to have a buddy Jerome, who had an appt downtown. Full bar, big screens, the stickiest of the icky, and PSU football. Like a speak easy in that only VIP's got in. Miss those days.

I would suggest the big TV at the HUB Student Center. It is always full of the students that wanted to go but couldn't, and are stuck on campus. There are plenty of other options that you can walk to if you want to get your drink on at halftime. But I would recommend it just to get the vibe of the students, or at least the ones that aren't boozing. When I lived there I would do this from time to time just to get my refill of student spirit. Beat Pitt!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT