ADVERTISEMENT

Where I live, it appears McDs does at least 3X the volume as BK, why?

It could be even much higher than that! I had to run down to the hardware store around 2:30 and around 6 to 8 cars at drive thru and many cars parked at Mc's. Couple hundred yrds away at BK, hardly any traffic! I notice this discrepancy any time of the day! I own a modest 175 shares of McD, so not complaining. Is McD's menu variety the reason? I mean BK's burgers are bigger and cost less, so I don't get it!

I find BK's burgers to be dry which they try to hide with a ton of mayo which I don't like on a burger.

I go to my McDonalds almost every work day (halfway up US 1 on my way to office) for 2 Sausage McMuffins (no egg) - one for me and one for Tiki the office dog. $2.98 and gets me to dinner most days. I would never think of getting BK breakfast.

Seriously, is your cardiologist OK with that? :eek:

And I'm surprised the Humane Society hasn't filed charges against you....;)

Got a pic of Tiki?
One day a year they let dogs into the Square Grouper for a rescue benefit. Tiki didn't miss his opportunity to belly up to the bar. The bar is like 10 steps from our office so he's certainly no stranger.

34529516_10156535508094283_4975519681688371200_o.jpg

Actually, I never thought about the facilities themselves! Here in NW PA, all of the Mcds have been refurbished. Only the drive thru(s) were open and even they were closed for a while. Despite their burgers not being the best in the business, the egg mc muff (no cheese) is great. I grind beans for first coffee but Mcs for #2 after my 2 miles. Anyway, a bunch of great observations! At least relative to the facilities, I was definitely not seeing the forest for the trees!

Regarding locations for McD's, they just plain anti up for the best locations. I've seen it numerous times in greater Pitt where there was another chain along a strip of businesses but not on the best corner. McD's buys out whatever is on the best corner and moves in, sometimes putting the other nearby chain out of business.

Left turns man. They're for suckers.

I go to my McDonalds almost every work day (halfway up US 1 on my way to office) for 2 Sausage McMuffins (no egg) - one for me and one for Tiki the office dog. $2.98 and gets me to dinner most days. I would never think of getting BK breakfast.
Guilty as well...only one though with coffee for $2.43. In my head I still picture BK serving a croissant.

3G ruined Burger King, the same way they ruined Heinz. I don't think there's a worse PE firm in the world.

This is the reason^^^^

The 3G business model - buy a business, squeeze out all upper/middle management, "optimize" (ie cost reduce) all formulas, strip R&D... problem is (and Kraft-Heinz is a great example), that when you do this, you loose innovation and after the above is accomplished, what is left is a shell of the original organization.

3G also owns Tim Hortons and Popeye's. BK/Tim Hortons/Popeyes operate under "Restaurant Brands International". In a recent poll conducted by Toronto Star, Tim Hortons had fallen to 200th in terms of "trusted Canadian brands"... think about that...

https://www.narcity.com/news/ca/can...proves-canadians-still-dont-trust-tim-hortons

Their marketing to children is top notch. What kids consider going to burger king, or any of the other places, a treat?
Exactly right. Marketing to kids is the key. My grandkids squeal if we take them anywhere to eat other than McDs. I don't know why. The food sucks. Somehow McDs have kids programmed to demand their food. They are marketing Einsteins.

Last edited:
Much of this had already been said. I don’t eat fast food very much, at least I try, but I do like whoppers. I however rarely go to Burger King.

1- The stores are always gross. Run down, grimy and generally not pleasant. They are often in the bad part of town or near a sad looking shopping center.

2- The service takes forever. Walk into a BK, and if there are 3-4 people in line you are waiting a good 10-15 minutes. Same scenario at McDonalds is 3-5. This happens at every location. Cashiers take forever to take the order, and the whole operation is unorganized. Since this happens everywhere is must be due to their set-up, policies and training.

3- I like the general profile of BK. Mayo, onions all that, but the my are very inconsistent. Burgers are sometimes cold and not constructed well.

Overall poorly run and it’s often very annoying to patronize a Burger King.

Reactions: odshowtime
Aside from the points everyone else has made, a problem I have with BK is that they put tons of mustard on their burgers. I'm not a fan of mustard on burgers to begin with, and I feel like that's all I can taste on BK burgers.

Aside from the points everyone else has made, a problem I have with BK is that they put tons of mustard on their burgers. I'm not a fan of mustard on burgers to begin with, and I feel like that's all I can taste on BK burgers.
They'll build it any way you like! I always order ketchup and onions only. Or, just ask for mustard on the side and you'll get a couple packets.

Have it your way, have it your way, have it your way at Burger King.

Hot take... McDs is good. Nuggets are good, sausage eggs n cheese mcmuffin is good, quarter pounder is good, fries are good, mcflurry/milkshakes are good. Load me up with sauces. Sue me.

Can't remember the guy's name (worked for H&R Block, Hewitt-Jackson and Liberty Tax Services) but i attended one of his seminars and he said the way BK picks their sites is to find a McD's and locate as close to them as possible because MdD's studies its site locations.

It could be even much higher than that! I had to run down to the hardware store around 2:30 and around 6 to 8 cars at drive thru and many cars parked at Mc's. Couple hundred yrds away at BK, hardly any traffic! I notice this discrepancy any time of the day! I own a modest 175 shares of McD, so not complaining. Is McD's menu variety the reason? I mean BK's burgers are bigger and cost less, so I don't get it!

I can think of 2 reasons:

1 Cheaper prices.

2 If you take the time to look at McDonalds advertising, I have noticed they seem to target minorities. You see a couple of WASP's but for the most part, I have noticed most of their advertising posters on and around their buildings feature African-Americans or Latino's.I'm not trying to be racist,I just happened to notice this when as you mentioned, I was sitting at the drive thru waiting my turn.

Hot take... McDs is good. Nuggets are good, sausage eggs n cheese mcmuffin is good, quarter pounder is good, fries are good, mcflurry/milkshakes are good. Load me up with sauces. Sue me.

McDonald's nuggets are pretty good. I tried the BK nuggets once because they were cheaper and ugh, McD's were way better. Then again, Chik-Fil-A nuggets are more expensive than McD's and they are way better than McD's so maybe there is something to the idea that you get what you pay for.

Try the McD's chicken & bacon McWrap. It is really good, except the McD's near me only sells small ones now so I don't know if they did away with the big ones or if it's just that one McD's.

Reactions: MWes11
Here's is the problem I have with McD's or BK or any fast foot drive thru at this point. They have so much stuff on the menu that it's all crammed on the menu real small so it's hard to read. And plus, you don't have time to read it because as soon as you drive up, they're asking you what you want and you don't want to keep them waiting.

Okay, so go look online, you might say. Yeah but I'm under the impression that not all McD's, or whatever, serve the exact same thing. For some reason I think that some places have stuff that others don't. Maybe that's wrong.

Where I live, you can get a fresh sub at PUBLIX with bread that rivals bread back home. Also, there's rotissiere chicken available.

I don't understand the FAST FOOD thing in this day and age. Getting a healthy sub is just as fast as getting a burger and fries.

MY ASSESSMENT: People are just fvcking stupid.

Reactions: DeacsnNits
Love whoppers, but has anyone ever tried that $1 taco that BK sells? Worst fast-food item EVER.

Where I live, you can get a fresh sub at PUBLIX with bread that rivals bread back home. Also, there's rotissiere chicken available.

I don't understand the FAST FOOD thing in this day and age. Getting a healthy sub is just as fast as getting a burger and fries.

Yea but after awhile subs get old and ya want something different. Plus if on the road it’s a heck of a lot easier to eat a burger and grab fries from a bag as opposed to trying to manage a sub.

Can't remember the guy's name (worked for H&R Block, Hewitt-Jackson and Liberty Tax Services) but i attended one of his seminars and he said the way BK picks their sites is to find a McD's and locate as close to them as possible because MdD's studies its site locations.
Oil companies do the same for gas station locations.

I have come to an epiphany about burgers lately. When I'm pressed for time, I go to BK or MDonalds to grab a quick bite. When I go out somewhere nice, say TGIF, if there is nothing appealing to me, I happily order a burger the way I like it and I enjoy it immensely. It finally hit me that the difference between BK/McDonalds and someplace like TGIF, 5 Guys, and Texas Road house is the difference between frozen patties and fresh made patties. Personally, I would rather pay a little more for a fresh made beef patty than a cheap frozen one. .

I have come to an epiphany about burgers lately. When I'm pressed for time, I go to BK or MDonalds to grab a quick bite. When I go out somewhere nice, say TGIF, if there is nothing appealing to me, I happily order a burger the way I like it and I enjoy it immensely. It finally hit me that the difference between BK/McDonalds and someplace like TGIF, 5 Guys, and Texas Road house is the difference between frozen patties and fresh made patties. Personally, I would rather pay a little more for a fresh made beef patty than a cheap frozen one. .
Oh, absolutely. I love restaurant burgers. The biggest problem is that nowadays seemingly every restaurant burger is a half-pounder. That’s just too much food. Nobody needs to eat a half-pound of cow at a single meal.

Reactions: gogolion

Pub subs are very good. But a lot of times they only have 1 person making subs. They are very conscientious when making them and as a result it takes awhile. Sometimes somebody wants something that they need to go slice.
Bottom line for me at Publix....one person in line I'll get a sub. Two people in line I'm grabbing something else.
You can do your order online though.

Pub subs are very good. But a lot of times they only have 1 person making subs. They are very conscientious when making them and as a result it takes awhile. Sometimes somebody wants something that they need to go slice.
Bottom line for me at Publix....one person in line I'll get a sub. Two people in line I'm grabbing something else.
You can do your order online though.

Every time I go there some jerk is ordering like 5 subs, with different toppings on each half of each sub, can't decide what kind of cheese they want... it's always a S-show. Their chicken finger sub is pretty awesome though. Had a meatball sub the other week that was pretty good.

It's no Lio's, Sandwich Man, or Jackson House, but it will do down here where they have no idea how to make a sandwich except for cubans.

Reactions: PSU87
Every time I go there some jerk is ordering like 5 subs, with different toppings on each half of each sub, can't decide what kind of cheese they want... it's always a S-show. Their chicken finger sub is pretty awesome though. Had a meatball sub the other week that was pretty good.

It's no Lio's, Sandwich Man, or Jackson House, but it will do down here where they have no idea how to make a sandwich except for cubans.

The Publix Chicken Tender sub is an absurd amount of food and they're actually on sale now for $6.99 for a whole. I love my Publix because it's a small one and spotless, but I don't count on the deli department for much of anything. They get too busy or are understaffed - one of the two. Online ordering/pickup helps.

Publix Chicken Tender Sub:

090355-600x600-A.jpg

The Publix Chicken Tender sub is an absurd amount of food and they're actually on sale now for $6.99 for a whole. I love my Publix because it's a small one and spotless, but I don't count on the deli department for much of anything. They get too busy or are understaffed - one of the two. Online ordering/pickup helps.

Publix Chicken Tender Sub:

090355-600x600-A.jpg
With the buffalo sauce and blue cheese crumbles....boom

Reactions: odshowtime
I eat a lot of McDs Southwest Chicken Salads (no chips, little cheese, grilled chicken) which is actually quite good, filling and has very few calories. (I drink only diet cokes)

Also, quite often, I eat a big breakfast, in the morning. No sausage or waffles, substitute an extra biscuit for sausage. I like it and it gets me started in the morning. Know it is not healthy per se, but it is not that unhealthy, considering that I have kept my weight down for a long time and exercise a good bit.

I find McDs to be far superior to BK or Wendys.

Interesting fact about BK: According to a nationwide survey, what is the one thing most often left behind by customers when they leave a BK restaurant? (Scroll down for answer.)

Their dignity

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT