ADVERTISEMENT

When will next season's schedule be released?

Tom McAndrew

May 29, 2001
This question gets asked every year on this board. There are a lot of variables that go into a schedule, including B1G requirements, BJC availability, BTN slots, tournament schedules, mutual availability of non-B1G teams, etc., etc.

The quick answer to the question is that there is not a defined date upon which the schedule is released. Once all the issues involved in setting a schedule are resolved, PSU released the upcoming schedule. On that date, the schedule always gets posted on this board.

For those that need a "better" answer, below is a review of when the schedule has been released in recent years.

2017 - Sep. 18
2016 - Aug. 18
2015 - Sep. 3
2014 - Sep 17
2013 - Aug 29
2012 - Aug 27
2011 - June 1
2010 - June 22
2009 - Aug 12
2008 - Sep 8
2007 - June 13
2006 - July 21
2005 - Aug 16
2004 - June 18
2003 - July 9

Reactions: Creek Side
This question gets asked every year on this board. There are a lot of variables that go into a schedule, including B1G requirements, BJC availability, BTN slots, tournament schedules, mutual availability of non-B1G teams, etc., etc.

The quick answer to the question is that there is not a defined date upon which the schedule is released. Once all the issues involved in setting a schedule are resolved, PSU released the upcoming schedule. On that date, the schedule always gets posted on this board.

For those that need a "better" answer, below is a review of when the schedule has been released in recent years.

2016 - Sep. 3
2015 - Sep. 3
2014 - Sep 17
2013 - Aug 29
2012 - Aug 27
2011 - June 1
2010 - June 22
2009 - Aug 12
2008 - Sep 8
2007 - June 13
2006 - July 21
2005 - Aug 16
2004 - June 18
2003 - July 9
8/18/2016 for the 2016-17 schedule, though what's a couple week's among friends. Fyi, the days of a June/July release are gone, with the Big Ten Network involved, and a (nearly) guaranteed BJC Match, or two, each year.

8/18/2016 for the 2016-17 schedule, though what's a couple week's among friends.

lol. not sure how I messed that up. a lot of copying and pasting for that post -- must have not made the right copy and didn't notice it when I pasted in the 2016 date. thanks

Hey Roar,
"An almost guaranteed BJC match or two". Iowa and Ohio State are home matches for the Lions this season. Are you dropping a hint?

Home against Hawkeyes Feb 9-11 (specific date not listed yet on Iowa schedule)
It'll be broadcast by BTN, so the actual date may not be known until mid-September...though I'm guessing ;) we'll know before that..

Last edited:

2016 - Aug. 18
2015 - Sep. 3
2014 - Sep 17
2013 - Aug 29
2012 - Aug 27
2011 - June 1
2010 - June 22
2009 - Aug 12
2008 - Sep 8
2007 - June 13
2006 - July 21
2005 - Aug 16
2004 - June 18
2003 - July 9

Just pour a bucket of W's over it and call it a day.

Home against Hawkeyes Feb 9-11 (specific date not listed yet on Iowa schedule)
i know a Bball post on the wrestling board is odd but it looks like the iowa dual will be able to be at the BJC according to this. Still need to see the WBBall, but i think thats what well see at the BJC. roar probably has greater insight on this.

i know a Bball post on the wrestling board is odd but it looks like the iowa dual will be able to be at the BJC according to this. Still need to see the WBBall, but i think thats what well see at the BJC. roar probably has greater insight on this.

the WBB schedule is pretty much completed, though the times have yet to be set. The B1G portion of the schedule was released today (CLICK HERE).

PSU WBB is @ Iowa on Feb. 8, and @ Minny on Feb. 11, so that will not be an issue.

In addition, THON will not be a problem for the Iowa dual, as that will be held at the BJC on 2/16 - 2/18 (CLICK HERE).

Just curious do you guys think southern scuffle is going to be as competitive this year? It looks like a bunch of teams are heading elsewhere

Expect Iowa to be that Sat in Feb, not Friday or Sunday.

Last edited:
Why would you post a flat out lie like that? Iowa has already released their schedule and the dual at PSU is either 2/9 or 2/11.

1) Not a lie, just wait and see. 2) Their schedule infers between Friday and Sunday not Friday or Saturday.

Either way it doesn't matter as that will not conflict with the Scuffle as you implied.

Huh? I do not even know what you are talking about. Iowa will be Sat Feb 10 not on Friday the 9th or Sunday the 11th. The Scuffle is in Jan.

Ok, I see what I did. When I posted my first I did not realize I did not quote this one like I meant to.

Home against Hawkeyes Feb 9-11 (specific date not listed yet on Iowa schedule).

I did not read the post right above mine, which I just did. Sorry to the confusion. I meant to clarify that Iowa will be on Saturday that Feb weekend. Certainly did not meant Saturday in Jan. My apologies.

Huh? I do not even know what you are talking about. Iowa will be Sat Feb 10 not on Friday the 9th or Sunday the 11th. The Scuffle is in Jan.

Ok, I see what I did. When I posted my first I did not realize I did not quote this one like I meant to.

Home against Hawkeyes Feb 9-11 (specific date not listed yet on Iowa schedule).

I did not read the post right above mine, which I just did. Sorry to the confusion. I meant to clarify that Iowa will be on Saturday that Feb weekend. Certainly did not meant Saturday in Jan. My apologies.

Got it, My apologies. I didn't recognize your handle and assumed you were responding re the Scuffle and just trolling. Sorry.

Oh, and I hope you are right that the dual is on Saturday. Makes my travel easier.

The schedule could be released next week...that's the best I could get.

-- Lehigh Dual was moved to the PPL Center in Allentown (ticket prices unknown).
-- There are 2 likely Saturday Duals this year. Only mention this because of the PSU vs Iowa discussion above, and the fact that Saturday Duals are somewhat rare.
-- Several awesome duals are BTN-covered (not the paid service, just BTN).
-- More to follow

Reactions: 86PSUPaul
Tim posted in a separate thread...thought it be good to have here in a pinned thread too.

NOVEMBER Thur. 9 -- ARMY WEST POINT -- 7 p.m.
Sun. 12 -- BUCKNELL -- 2 p.m.
Fri. 17 -- at Binghamton -- 7 p.m.
Sun. 19 -- Keystone Classic, Philadelphia, Pa. -- All Day

DECEMBER

Sun. 3 -- at Lehigh -- 2 p.m.
Sun. 17 -- INDIANA* -- 1 p.m.

JANUARY

Mon.-Tue. 1-2 -- Southern Scuffle, Chattanooga, Tenn. -- All Day
Fri. 12 -- at Michigan* -- 9 p.m.
Sun. 14 -- at Michigan State* -- 2 p.m.
Fri. 19 -- PURDUE* -- 7 p.m.
Sun. 21 -- at Maryland* -- 2 p.m.
Fri. 26 -- MINNESOTA* -- 7 p.m.
Sun. 28 -- at Rutgers* -- 2 p.m.

FEBRUARY

Sat. 3 -- OHIO STATE* -- 6 or 8 p.m.
Sat. 10 -- IOWA* (BJC) -- 6 or 8 p.m.
Sun. 18 -- BUFFALO -- 2 p.m.

MARCH

Sat.-Sun. 3-4 -- Big Ten Championships, East Lansing, Mich. -- TBASat. 3 Session 1 -- Opening Round
Sat. 3 Session 2 -- Semifinals
Sun. 4 Session 3 -- Conso/Places/Championships

Thur.-Sat. 15-17 -- NCAA Championships, Cleveland, Ohio -- TBAThur. 15 Session 1 -- 1st Round
Thur. 15 Session 2 -- 2nd Round/Consolations
Fri. 16 Session 3 -- Quarterfinals/Consolations
Fri. 16 Session 4 -- Semifinals/All-America Round
Sat. 17 Session 5 -- Medal Rounds
Sat. 17 Session 6 -- Championship Finals

* Big Ten Dual -- All Dates and Times Subject to Change -- All Times EASTERN

Reactions: diggerpup
If PSU runs the table in duals this year Cael will still be under .500 vs the big three; Minny, Iowa, and Okie St.
Minnesota, big three.

NUeVFnL.gif

Last edited:
If PSU runs the table in duals this year Cael will still be under .500 vs the big three; Minny, Iowa, and Okie St.

The Big 3 from what era?

The last team title won by Minnesota at NCAA's was 10 years ago.
The last team title won by Iowa at NCAA's was 7 years ago.
The last team title won by Ok State at NCAA's was 11 years ago.

Meanwhile Eggum's record vs, the BIG 3 of the BIG PSU, tOSU, and Iowa is a big fat .000 and that will continue thru this season and probably many seasons to come. ROTFLMAO at the weakest troll on the internet. :p

Reactions: Sullivan

Be honest you have had second thoughts on this one. Not your best work.

No harm in deleting it. Remember if you cant link it, it didnt happen.

Reactions: Sullivan
Can someone direct me to how I can order tickets online?
can't do it online. Need to call 1-800-nittany and get in the waiting list. Mega NLC points will be required for new season tickets.

I was thinking about getting 2 more this year, and with 1400 NLC points I'm not very optimistic judging by what others have said recently.

Tim posted in a separate thread...thought it be good to have here in a pinned thread too.

NOVEMBER Thur. 9 -- ARMY WEST POINT -- 7 p.m.
Sun. 12 -- BUCKNELL -- 2 p.m.
Fri. 17 -- at Binghamton -- 7 p.m.
Sun. 19 -- Keystone Classic, Philadelphia, Pa. -- All Day

DECEMBER

Sun. 3 -- at Lehigh -- 2 p.m.
Sun. 17 -- INDIANA* -- 1 p.m.

JANUARY

Mon.-Tue. 1-2 -- Southern Scuffle, Chattanooga, Tenn. -- All Day
Fri. 12 -- at Michigan* -- 9 p.m.
Sun. 14 -- at Michigan State* -- 2 p.m.
Fri. 19 -- PURDUE* -- 7 p.m.
Sun. 21 -- at Maryland* -- 2 p.m.
Fri. 26 -- MINNESOTA* -- 7 p.m.
Sun. 28 -- at Rutgers* -- 2 p.m.

FEBRUARY

Sat. 3 -- OHIO STATE* -- 6 or 8 p.m.
Sat. 10 -- IOWA* (BJC) -- 6 or 8 p.m.
Sun. 18 -- BUFFALO -- 2 p.m.

MARCH

Sat.-Sun. 3-4 -- Big Ten Championships, East Lansing, Mich. -- TBASat. 3 Session 1 -- Opening Round
Sat. 3 Session 2 -- Semifinals
Sun. 4 Session 3 -- Conso/Places/Championships

Thur.-Sat. 15-17 -- NCAA Championships, Cleveland, Ohio -- TBAThur. 15 Session 1 -- 1st Round
Thur. 15 Session 2 -- 2nd Round/Consolations
Fri. 16 Session 3 -- Quarterfinals/Consolations
Fri. 16 Session 4 -- Semifinals/All-America Round
Sat. 17 Session 5 -- Medal Rounds
Sat. 17 Session 6 -- Championship Finals

* Big Ten Dual -- All Dates and Times Subject to Change -- All Times EASTERN

We have a great home schedule this year! I'm a season ticket holder with 8 seats. I bring several friends to most of the home matches, and also travel to Big 10's and Nationals every year. Can't wait for the season to start!

Quick question to those "in the know", with our strong home schedule why do we only have one match at the BJC? We could have easily sold out the Ohio State match too.

We have a great home schedule this year! I'm a season ticket holder with 8 seats. I bring several friends to most of the home matches, and also travel to Big 10's and Nationals every year. Can't wait for the season to start!

Quick question to those "in the know", with our strong home schedule why do we only have one match at the BJC? We could have easily sold out the Ohio State match too.
Going to take a SWAG at this. The reason the Ohio State match isn't in the BJC is one of the biggest reasons the schedule is this late.

can't do it online. Need to call 1-800-nittany and get in the waiting list. Mega NLC points will be required for new season tickets.

I was thinking about getting 2 more this year, and with 1400 NLC points I'm not very optimistic judging by what others have said recently.

Thanks. Wasn't looking for season tickets. Just wanted to take the family to Ohio State match. Is it possible to get 4 tickets or only season ticket holders? If so, I guess I'll have to use StubHub or something

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT