ADVERTISEMENT

What's taking College Wrestling so long to add the push-out rule?

It removes some subjectivity from the officials having to call stalling.

I have always been for it.

You could just make it stalling, instead of a point.

Traditionalists will say it promotes pushing, but it's rarely like that in freestyle.

simply make it intent..... you run out, put your hands out, stretch for OB is stalling. You carry someone out push out that is stalling. The action is what gets subjective per ref. Too many times someone is trying free a grip on their leg and pull out or jump out and don't get called as it should, imo

IF push outs: also need the full size of a mat as it is often too small, Additionally, a lot of scrambles where there is exposure (per freestyle) would be reduced. Then we will still argue the grounded' calls... I like our American sport!

Have you watched international wrestling? Clearly not.
Probably just as much as you and if you watch it enough they push people out of bounds to ****ing score a point seriously. If a wrestler can drive someone out of bounds instead of shooting for a take down to get a win what do you think they will do. I watch Iowa do this shit all the time. Keep pushing the kid back and drive them out of bounds to get a stall call. That idiotic bullshit is for Iowa wrestlers because they suck at finishing take downs.

Reactions: 7brwnpsu
Probably just as much as you and if you watch it enough they push people out of bounds to ****ing score a point seriously. If a wrestler can drive someone out of bounds instead of shooting for a take down to get a win what do you think they will do. I watch Iowa do this shit all the time. Keep pushing the kid back and drive them out of bounds to get a stall call. That idiotic bullshit is for Iowa wrestlers because they suck at finishing take downs.

The only thing that needs (and ever needed ) to be changed was the proper enforcement of stalling.
Yes maybe it will finally be called correctly all of a sudden after decades of it being called incorrectly, just because.

Reminds me of politicians saying what the problems are instead of offering real solutions political cycle after cycle.

The only thing that needs (and ever needed ) to be changed was the proper enforcement of stalling.
I’ll amend this. One rule that needs to be added is that if you lose a challenge there needs to be a penalty

It can be like injury time where opponents get choice of position. Or maybe a stall warning is assessed, or it Can be a point awarded to the opponent. But something needs to change there

I’ll amend this. One rule that needs to be added is that if you lose a challenge there needs to be a penalty

It can be like injury time where opponents get choice of position. Or maybe a stall warning is assessed, or it Can be a point awarded to the opponent. But something needs to change there
Why do people think that stalling will be called correctly all of a sudden?

Reactions: vhsalum

Yes. It should either cost the wrestler a point, or the choice of position at the next restart.

You don’t have to allow yourself to get pushed out
Yea . Be like Godzilla.
d9oxvpf-b3ed30bd-781e-42b7-a1c5-5005f171ddf9.gif

Yes. It should either cost the wrestler a point, or the choice of position at the next restart.
So, it's the end of the 3rd period and one wrestler lost on a late TD 3-1. Does the wrestler who lost still challenge? Nothing to lose.

If officials just would call stalling, there would be no need for push-out rules.

I don't want to see wrestlers like Kennedy tie up, lean and push there way to points. Better off watching a sumo match.
Sam Stoll would have been a 4 timer with the push out rule.

Since this comes up every year, and usually multiple times every year:

The step-out would take a judgment call away from the refs. It would need to be modified for folkstyle, because of top/bottom action near the edge. Perhaps draw a near-edge dashed circle, no step-out for an escape outside the dashed line.

The common complain "the pushout rule will cause Iowa style pushing and shoving" = "the guy getting pushed out is helpless against being pushed out." In which case, why is that guy getting pushed around helplessly wrestling in college?

In reality, nearly every college wrestler competed freestyle in youth and HS. They know how to keep the action in the center. And that's on smaller mats than used in college.

The entire opposing argument really boils down to a fear of folkstyle being turned into freestyle. Because the evidence shows more time spent in the center, fewer stoppages, therefore more action and a greater emphasis on conditioning. These are all things we claim to want except when a simple, proven solution exists.

when so called pusher is just pushing and not trying to score then he is the staller!
You guys are actling like this hasn't been around in international wrestling for forever. It works.

And they still have stalling, "passivity" where the guy called for it has 30 seconds to score or a point is awarded to other wrestler. Another great rule.

I get your argument and I agree stalling isn't going to somehow miraculously get called but it does add to the human element of refs. However, where I tend to wonder off is this push out rule. How is that going to work. And more importantly how is that going to stop stalling
Why do people think that stalling will be called correctly all of a su

I get your argument and I agree stalling isn't going to somehow miraculously get called but it does add to the human element of refs. However, where I tend to wonder off is this push out rule. How is that going to work. And more importantly how is that going to stop stalling
Watch international wrestling

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT