ADVERTISEMENT

What's on the bar and what time does the drinking light shine?

Pedialyte. I got ridiculously sick Tuesday night. I haven't been sick like that in a very long time. Still on the mend.
Some nasty stuff going around right now. My gf and I got knocked out for nearly 2 weeks about a month back. Worst sore throat I've ever had. Just getting my strength back in the gym now. Hope you're feeling better soon!

Some nasty stuff going around right now. My gf and I got knocked out for nearly 2 weeks about a month back. Worst sore throat I've ever had. Just getting my strength back in the gym now. Hope you're feeling better soon!
I got the nastiest stuff about a month ago. Lingered almost 3 weeks. Was good a week and now it's back again but no where near as bad.

Care to share your recipe?
Sure.

2oz Bourbon (Choose a bourbon good enough to sip.)
1 tsp Simple Syrup (50/50 water and sugar simmered to get the sugar into solution)
2 drops Angostura Bitters
Slice of Orange

Process:
Take an Old Fashioned glass. If you don't have the right glass go buy a couple.
Add Syrup, Bitters, and a dash of water. Stir to combine.
Pour Ice into glass about half full.
Add Bourbon and garnish with the slice of orange. Some people will add a Cherry as well but I don't.

My son and I both got it a month ago. I thought for sure it was covid because I was never that sick in my life but it wasn't. Hope you get well soon.
My youngest is down right now. 2 trips to the doctor. Thought for sure she had strep. White blisters and swollen tonsils. Plus she is very susceptible to it. Tested negative both times. Plus negative for mono.

• Sad
Reactions: johnstownsteel
Sure.

1 tsp Simple Syrup (50/50 water and sugar simmered to get the sugar into solution)
Slice of Orange

Process:
Add Bourbon and garnish with the slice of orange. Some people will add a Cherry as well but I don't.
Thx. Me likey old fashioned's but can never seem to get it quite right.

Simple syrup...that reminds me, just about time to make sure I have mint planted and ready for Derby Day in May. (I do have a good Julep recipe)

Thx. Me likey old fashioned's but can never seem to get it quite right.

Simple syrup...that reminds me, just about time to make sure I have mint planted and ready for Derby Day in May. (I do have a good Julep recipe)
We have a party the first Saturday of May every year. If your having Mint Julep's you need to correct glass for that as well. Every year they have a new glass which lists every winner by year. This year is the 149th Derby so the print is a very small font. I'll be ordering a couple of them soon.

Search for: 2023 Kentucky Derby Mint Julep glasses for sale
People are also selling other years so make sure you choose this years model.

Reactions: hlstone
We have a party the first Saturday of May every year. If your having Mint Julep's you need to correct glass for that as well. Every year they have a new glass which lists every winner by year. This year is the 149th Derby so the print is a very small font. I'll a couple soon.

Search for: 2023 Kentucky Derby Mint Julep glasses for sale
People are also selling other years so make sure you choose this years model.
To quote from my julep recipe...

"Crushed ice permits a more rapid cooling of the libation and contributes to the rapid formation of the ice frosting on your silver (pewter, if you must) Jefferson cups."

Reactions: Agoodnap
Only question with him is, will the pinky be in or out when he takes a sip?...
Well, he does have a bunch of flavors to choose from. I only know this because I have two 20 something daughters.

• Black Cherry
  • Blackberry
  • Lemon
  • Mango
  • Natural Lime
  • Passion Fruit
  • Pineapple
  • Raspberry
  • Ruby Grapefruit
  • Strawberry
  • Tangerine
  • Watermelon

Excuses are for wussies lol. I kid I kid

Well, he does have a bunch of flavors to choose from. I only know this because I have two 20 something daughters.

• Black Cherry
  • Blackberry
  • Lemon
  • Mango
  • Natural Lime
  • Passion Fruit
  • Pineapple
  • Raspberry
  • Ruby Grapefruit
  • Strawberry
  • Tangerine
  • Watermelon
I like to kid but it's not half bad I guess. My girlfriend brought some over last week (yeah.. I'm going with that) and I had a mango.

Reactions: 86PSUPaul
Music Video GIF by Beyoncé

• Haha
Buds for the next two nights.
Made a bet that I could go cider for cider with a non-beer-drinker on Saturday (stupid, awful idea)
Gables on Sunday, after I win the championship in my fantasy league.

My youngest is down right now. 2 trips to the doctor. Thought for sure she had strep. White blisters and swollen tonsils. Plus she is very susceptible to it. Tested negative both times. Plus negative for mono.
For the white blisters get some lysine (amino acid tablet in with vitamins at pharmacy). Dissolve a couple tablets in salt water (saline or little hypersaline), have her gargle and swish in mouth 2 times during day. The blisters will be gone tomorrow.

Sure.

Slice of Orange

Process:
Is this the pedialyte recipe?

White blisters would be amoxicillin in my house. Tell the doctor to prescribe the medicine and don't take no for an answer.

White blisters would be amoxicillin in my house. Tell the doctor to prescribe the medicine and don't take no for an answer.
I had them too and tested negative twice as well. It's a brutal virus. I knew we were in trouble when the doc immediately knew what it was and then told us how our symptoms would progress over the next week. And he was spot on down to the day.

Anything and now!!! When nationals were in Pittsburgh I was in a bar across the street from PPG Paints, beer in hand at 9am (if memory serves) on day one. Great memories.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT