ADVERTISEMENT

What's going to prevent Penn State from being eviscerated in the 4th quarter today?

BrucePa

Sep 23, 2001
Going to 11
Four times in the past 15 games, or 5 times if you include Nebraska last year, Penn State was absolutely clobbered, shredded, and pummeled in the 4th quarter.

Why wouldn't Pitt just hold fire for 3 quarters and then pounce for 28 points in the 4th? It appears that in fully one-third of their last 15 games, which anyone would refer to as a trend, any average QB can go 15-for-15 against Penn State in the 4th quarter.

I want to be wrong. Tell me why I'm wrong today.

Four times in the past 15 games, or 5 times if you include Nebraska last year, Penn State was absolutely clobbered, shredded, and pummeled in the 4th quarter.

Why wouldn't Pitt just hold fire for 3 quarters and then pounce for 28 points in the 4th? It appears that in fully one-third of their last 15 games, which anyone would refer to as a trend, any average QB can go 15-for-15 against Penn State in the 4th quarter.

Pitt sucks?

Lets see, we lost two games in the last fifteen and one of those was Sparty where we didn't get killed in the fourth qtr. So the only loss was tOSU. Pitt is not tOSU.

The weakness in your scenario is that Pitt has to hold our offense in check for three quarters.

By the 4th quarter the field will be a mess. Game could come down to who can hold onto the ball and which staff makes the better 2nd half adjustments.

I'd like to see our DB's play tight at the line of scrimmage and go for the interception when they have safety help. Make them complete longer passes.

Pitt will play short in an effort to prolong drives and bleed the clock while wearing down our defense. That's how we could lose it in the 4th -- by playing a defense of "prevent." Play it tight and go for turnovers.

Above all, wrap up on tackles. It's going to be slippery and easy to miss tackles.

My answer would be because Pitt doesn’t have the QB and WR skills to pull that off. And it isn’t going to happen back to back games

Lets see, we lost two games in the last fifteen and one of those was Sparty where we didn't get killed in the fourth qtr. So the only loss was tOSU. Pitt is not tOSU.

I was including Darnold's shredding the defense like he owned it in the Rose Bowl, but your answer is pretty good.

Pitt blows.

Not knowing what eviscerared means?

You were definitely wrong today.

Reactions: BrucePa

Why wouldn't Pitt just hold fire for 3 quarters and then pounce for 28 points in the 4th?

Because you suck as a fan.

giphy.gif

Reactions: BrucePa
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT