ADVERTISEMENT

What was the last PSU road or neutral site game you went to? Were you going to go to any this year?

Maryland, Minnesota and Ohio State last year. Planning on Va Tech, Michigan, and Rutgers. All are easy road trips. Really want to go to Nebraska because we won't be going back for a long time and I've never been there. If we're undefeated when we go to Indiana I might go there and see if I can get to every game for the first time. After being stuck home with no sports, I don't want to miss anything ever again..

Reactions: john4psu
Went to the Maryland game last year where PSU took over College Park that Friday night. Planning to go to Va.Tech and maybe to Indiana.

Reactions: doublehaul
The Cotton Bowl for me.

Optimistically thinking, were you considering going to any PSU road games this year?
Virginia Tech likely. Perhaps Nebraska and/or Michigan.
Was thinking VT, have been to games there, son graduated. Nice game day atmosphere, now don't think we will be going.

Last away/neutral game - 2016 Big10 Championship. Amazing game, but so was watching Joey Chestnut down 15 lbs. of shrimp and St Elmos cocktail sauce in 12 minutes....

This year was thinking about VT in Blacksburg but we’ll see.

Indiana at Bloomington JoePa’s last season. Joe looked lost and a man who was on his last legs. Stared at his shoes on the sideline the whole first half. Was in the booth upstairs the second half. I knew the end was near.

I go to more away games at this point than home. Maryland and Minnesota last year. Was/still planning for Blacksburg this year but am not hopeful the game will happen. I am thinking a compressed season is the most likely option at this point. 8 game conference schedule with an optional post-season is what I am hearing.
Yeah we are all hearing the same things.

Kick off Classic at Giant's Stadium against USC 1996.

Curtis Enis destroyed USC's defense

Was there too. Hottest freakin game I think I ever attended.
LOL! It was miserable in those asphalt parking lots. I must have had 6 additional beverages over my normal quota at that time. ;) Fortunately, Curtis Enis made the trek into the Mongolian Barbecue Pit that was Giants’ Stadium worthwhile!

Iowa last year. Would have gone to Michigan, Indiana or Nebraska this year but probably going to skip any live games for a bit.

The Cotton Bowl for me.

Optimistically thinking, were you considering going to any PSU road games this year?
Virginia Tech likely. Perhaps Nebraska and/or Michigan.
Sitting in the Wisconsin Athletic Dept suite at the Big 10 Championship in Indy a couple of years ago....kind of enjoyed it :)

Minnesota last year. Was planning Va Tech this year.
Edit - also had plans for Nebraska this year as well as Rutgers. Not sure about going to Nebraska, but would go to Rutgers if the game is played - it's the closest Big Ten school and I have never been - once I go, then I will have accomplished my goal of going to every Big Ten Stadium*

*- At Nebraska in 2003 before they joined the conference and at Maryland Stadium to see their homecoming against Iowa. Have seen PSU play at Maryland in M&T Stadium.
I would love to go to Nebraska, their fans were always great with visitors, after joining the B1G, I don't know. What airport do "we" fly from?

Reactions: doublehaul
Like every year planning on going to all of them. Have hotels booked at every away venue. Haven’t missed a home game since 1996. Also, in that time period psu has played 302 games, I have seen 259 in person. Last two years have seen all 13. Last 63 games, have seen 61, Last 103 games, I have seen 97.

Counting games prior to 96, by my numbers have seen 277 psu games in person . I am 50 years old. If I can stay healthy for another 25 years, I think I can get to 600 plus games in person.

Has pretty much became an obsession for me.

Road games are great! Having the opportunity to visit the campuses and towns is a cool experience. We also try to check out the local bars, restaurants, sites and traditions.

If possible, we try to combine it with a Bills game on Sunday. Last year was a stretch but we did Pitt on Saturday the then the Giants vs Bills on Sunday. We also did the Iowa game. The year before we went to Indiana then Bills at Colts along with the Ohio State Whiteout.

We’ll see what the schedule says this year, but we’re planning on at least the Va Tech game because it’s a “must see” stadium for me.

Is it September yet?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT