ADVERTISEMENT

What time is it?

It's 7:04 AM and Michigan still sucks. Today begins the downfall of Michigan football. Michigan is going to lose to Washington, then Harbaugh will go off to the NFL. After that Michigan is going to get hit with crushing sanctions.
So, we're still pretending the NCAA is going to do something meaningful? Adorable.

Reactions: northernbuck
So, we're still pretending the NCAA is going to do something meaningful? Adorable.
Harbaugh will be in the NFL (probably LA) in a week.
If Meatchicken wins tonight, the NCAA will 100% do nothing meaningful regarding the sign stealing b/c it would de-legitimize Michigan's season and the championship. There could be some sanctioning of Harbaugh individually, which will be meaningless.
If they lose tonight, I believe the NCAA will do something more, but nothing crazy, and it will place blame on Harbaugh as an individual more than the program.

Reactions: dswartz
If Meatchicken wins tonight, the NCAA will 100% do nothing meaningful regarding the sign stealing b/c it would de-legitimize Michigan's season and the championship. There could be some sanctioning of Harbaugh individually, which will be meaningless.
If they lose tonight, I believe the NCAA will do something more, but nothing crazy, and it will place blame on Harbaugh as an individual more than the program.
This makes sense to me. I think the NCAA would love for Harbaugh to leave and then just kind of pretend it didn't happen.

Reactions: heckmans

WE already know about the sign stealing. Many fans dont consider Michigan legitimate, regardless of the outcome or Ncaa punishment. The fact is they broke the rules and cheated. Even Michigan knows they broke the rules. They fired the staffer and at least one coach.

Reactions: joeaubie21
The 98% of fans who do not support Michigan wont follow suit and pretend.
Most fans that "do not support Michigan" have already forgotten about it. Especially younger fans which is all the NCAA cares about.

Most fans that "do not support Michigan" have already forgotten about it. Especially younger fans which is all the NCAA cares about.

False. People are talking about it, including you. It is clearly a topic. Current story.

https://sports.yahoo.com/there-wont...ason-but-there-will-be-a-stain-161947647.html

NCAA did not do anything but people remember. I even saw a story this weekend that Michigan should not even have been in the playoffs.

Reactions: GSPMax
False. People are talking about it, including you. It is clearly a topic. Current story.

https://sports.yahoo.com/there-wont...ason-but-there-will-be-a-stain-161947647.html

NCAA did not do anything but people remember. I even saw a story this weekend that Michigan should not even have been in the playoffs.

You said 98% of fans that aren't Michigan fans. That's utterly false. Younger generations have long moved on if they even cares to begin with. I'm talking about it because our fan base cares far more than most because they're still upset about how the Sandusky scandal was handled. Vacating the title isn't relevant as they won't care they know the won. The * changes nothing.

WE already know about the sign stealing. Many fans dont consider Michigan legitimate, regardless of the outcome or Ncaa punishment. The fact is they broke the rules and cheated. Even Michigan knows they broke the rules. They fired the staffer and at least one coach.
We're not talking about the people. We're talking about the NCAA. If UM wins and is crowned champion and the NCAA then decides they cheated, wins should be vacated, etc, that causes an official black eye for the NCAA. For this reason, if UM wins, the NCAA will not find an issue to vacated wins and sanction UM.
If UM loses, they officially won nothing as far as the NCAA is concerned, so the possibility of punishment stays on the table, even if it's still unlikely. The question is what the B2G would do in this scenario.

Perhaps. But Michigan should not have played in the B1G championship game. Where is the punishment from the conference? NONE. The lawyers reached an agreeable penalty. Basically nothing.

• Haha
Reactions: Westcoast24
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT