ADVERTISEMENT

What I don't understand!

emrtmakesshiteup

Oct 17, 2012
I think it has been stated that C or S or S informed the second mile about the incident that started all of this. Why the hell didn't C, S or S shout this out and include proof, e.g. a copy of a letter, an email copy, a telephone log? When, via the feds or whatever, are they going to be exposed?
Also, what I've never understood, or I missed it, why haven't any of Joe's long time assistants ever publicly made any statements supporting him?

A) Believe it was Tim Curley who had a conversation with Jack Raykovitz of The Second Mile. Not sure if Schultz had one, too. Regardless, since both are still subject of criminal prosecution, they, no doubt, have been instructed by their attorneys to keep their mouths shut on the matter.

B) What would be the point of assistants speaking out publicly, other than rallying the troops? Do any of them have information that is directly pertinent to the case?

1.) Their lawyers are not going to let them start waving evidence in public while they are charged with a crime. Save it for the courtroom. That's assuming they have the evidence. If it's just a call log, I would assume they would need to subpoena that from the phone company as part of a trial, or subpoena emails from Penn State. But a call log may not mean anything. Given the history between the Second Mile and PSU, the calls could be about any number of things...

2.) Anyone who defended Joe from the minute this broke has been labeled a cultist or pedo enabler. Especially coaches trying to get or keep their jobs, that's not something you want associated with as it is, let alone when there's already questions about what you may have seen. Do you want that following you around? They do have to put food on the table.

I think it has been stated that C or S or S informed the second mile about the incident that started all of this. Why the hell didn't C, S or S shout this out and include proof, e.g. a copy of a letter, an email copy, a telephone log? When, via the feds or whatever, are they going to be exposed?

They don't need proof. Raykovitz (head of TSM) and Heim (board member) have admitted that Curley talked to them about the 2001 incident. There is no dispute about that.

The Attorney General's incredibly stupid argument is that McQueary told C/S that Sandusky was molesting a child, and Curley went to TSM and told them it was horseplay.

The AG has never explained why Curley would have told TSM anything at all if Curley was trying to "cover up" the incident.

It's asinine.

Also, what I've never understood, or I missed it, why haven't any of Joe's long time assistants ever publicly made any statements supporting him?
Raykovitz testified under oath he spoke to Curley about McQueary's observation. Bruce Heim has publicly stated in print that he told Raykovitz the story wasn't something the full board at TSM should be bothered with.

I want to say two things, the first of which is going to make some people here unhappy, but the second should wipe that away:

First, mandatory reporters must call DPW and make a follow-up written report to both DPW and to the county CYS. That's in 23 PA. Cons. Stats. 6313. If Curley had been a mandatory reporter with respect to V2 in 2001, calling TSM would not have met his obligation under the letter of the law.

Second: in 2001, neither Curley, Schultz, Paterno, Spanier, and most likely McQueary as well, were mandatory reporters and none of them had an obligation to V2 under Sec. 6311 of that same title, which is where the reporting requirement is imposed.

Last edited:
Raykovitz testified under oath he spoke to Curley about McQueary's observation. Bruce Heim has publicly stated in print that he told Raykovitz the story wasn't something the full board at TSM should be bothered with.

I want to say two things, the first of which is going to make some people here unhappy, but the second should wipe that away:

First, mandatory reporters must call DPW and make a follow-up written report of both DPW and to the county CYS. That's in 23 PA. Cons. Stats. 6313. If Curley had been a mandatory reporter with respect to V2 in 2001, calling TSM would not have met his obligation under the letter of the law.

Second: in 2001, neither Curley, Schultz, Paterno, Spanier, and most likely McQueary as well, were mandatory reporters and none of them had an obligation to V2 under Sec. 6311 of that same title, which is where the reporting requirement is imposed.
Yep. That pretty much sums it up. Any honest reporter who does the slightest bit of legal research (or has his/her organizations legal staff do it) figures this out. First thing I did when the scandal broke. But then again, the hard truth doesn't sell copy.....

Yep. That pretty much sums it up. Any honest reporter who does the slightest bit of legal research (or has his/her organizations legal staff do it) figures this out. First thing I did when the scandal broke. But then again, the hard truth doesn't sell copy.....
I'd bet my left nut that regardless of whether Schultz asked him a hypothetical question that did not include all the facts as Schultz understood them, Wendell Courtney told Schultz pretty much the same thing.

Reactions: MichaelJackSchmidt
I'd bet my left nut that regardless of whether Schultz asked him a hypothetical question that did not include all the facts as Schultz understood them, Wendell Courtney told Schultz pretty much the same thing.
Just slightly curious on what subject matter/opinions might you bet your right nut....?

Well, this is know of embarrassing, but all I'm going to say is I lost a foolish bet a while back.
Awesome! One down, one to go. Stay away from Vegas, pool halls, but not this Board. We've got your back as I'm sure there's some organ donors on here if necessary.

Reactions: L.A.Lion
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT