ADVERTISEMENT

What happens to the Rose Bowl with no Pac-10?

I expect the Rose Bowl will attempt to periodically host the Big 10 championship game. A rotating location between the Rose Bowl and Indianapolis would be cool.

I expect the Rose Bowl will attempt to periodically host the Big 10 championship game. A rotating location between the Rose Bowl and Indianapolis would be cool.
There will be a rotation of where the championship games is played, including the Rose. Other years it will get a semifinal or quarterfinal game.

I really hope that one day they can financially find a way to get rid of the stupid bowl games.

There will be a rotation of where the championship games is played, including the Rose. Other years it will get a semifinal or quarterfinal game.
I'll be surprised if the championship game is played their more than once.

In LA, you've got the magnificent SoFI stadium. It may be the best football stadium in the USA next to Dallas, Miami and Atlanta. They'll rotate it but SoFi will be one and I don't think the NCAA will want to be in LA all that often.

Last year it was at Sofi. Next year it is at Houston. after that, it is Atlanta then back to Miami. 26 is the next open date. If you are looking to LA and your options are the Coliseum, Sofi, or Rose it is an easy choice. So it may get one game but I doubt it will get more than that, at least for the national championship game.

The shiny new NFL stadiums are nice, but generally lack the soul or character of a good CFB stadium. Those stadiums add nothing to the college football experience IMO. I'd rather see playoff games at historic CFB venues.

The shiny new NFL stadiums are nice, but generally lack the soul or character of a good CFB stadium. Those stadiums add nothing to the college football experience IMO. I'd rather see playoff games at historic CFB venues.
I agree 100%. But that and $.99 will get you a cup of coffee at my favorite Irish restaurant, Mcdonald's.

giphy.gif

The Rose will remain a part of the playoffs until the Big Ten gets to 28 or 32 teams and splits from college football then become The College Football National Championship.

• Haha
Reactions: Obliviax
The Rose will remain a part of the playoffs until the Big Ten gets to 28 or 32 teams and splits from college football then become The College Football National Championship.
Hopefully that's what happens when the SEC and Big Ten merge

Hopefully that's what happens when the SEC and Big Ten merge
There won't be a merger. The SEC will be left to its own devices. Those that care about academics will leave and join the Big Ten, those that don't will die in place as the struggle to survive as an NFL minor league. Do you remember the failed attempt to bring the academic conferences into an alliance? It failed because a handful of schools protested. My personal opinion is this is the Big Ten and the true collage football team's response. Cut the fat and cut off the SEC and let them rot or get onboard. There is a lot of turbulence coming. Those that would rather buy a championship team than build one the right way will be very unhappy.

• Haha
Reactions: PSU_Nut
There won't be a merger. The SEC will be left to its own devices. Those that care about academics will leave and join the Big Ten, those that don't will die in place as the struggle to survive as an NFL minor league.
They'll absolutely merge or agree to leave the NCAA together. You're in denial per usual pretending academics still matter.

Reactions: PSU_Nut
They look better on TV but attending a game at the Rose Bowl is not so hot. Not built for the modern game with a horribly narrow concourse outside the stadium, too small restrooms, not enough concessions, on and on. Place looks nice but that's about it.

Reactions: ednit
They look better on TV but attending a game at the Rose Bowl is not so hot. Not built for the modern game with a horribly narrow concourse outside the stadium, too small restrooms, not enough concessions, on and on. Place looks nice but that's about it.
Agree...but if you get the traditional SoCal weather (unfortunately, we didn't get that vs Utah in January) nobody cares about going outside for food and shopping.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT