ADVERTISEMENT

What can't you buy today?

Nitt1300

Nov 2, 2008
I think it varies- we were in Mass over the weekend where toilet paper is the hot item. Back in NY now, and it's eggs. Eggs?

The frozen pizza thread we had on here must have gone viral. One big empty section .

Hot dogs all gone . I guess since they don’t require refrigeration or have an expiration date that really helps . Not everyone got the last freezer.

Reactions: ThePennsyOracle
Fresh veggies and herbs; had to improvise to make pesto sauce tonight...

Chicken and beef have been out at my supermarket for three days now. At least when I’ve been there. Toilet paper also gone, as has pasta (except for penne........ I found that really odd) and ramen except for soy sauce flavor.

My wife was able to get some TP today only because she works at Kroger and happened to be there when the truck came in. It didn’t last long. Soup is also gone along with hand sanitizer, Clorox, and any kind of wipes. There was bread today but milk was gone. And for some reason people are still stocking up on bottled water...I guess they haven’t turned on their faucet to see that the water still works.

My wife was able to get some TP today only because she works at Kroger and happened to be there when the truck came in. It didn’t last long. Soup is also gone along with hand sanitizer, Clorox, and any kind of wipes. There was bread today but milk was gone. And for some reason people are still stocking up on bottled water...I guess they haven’t turned on their faucet to see that the water still works.

What's interesting is that there is zero supply chain disruption at this point. So what we have done is moved storage from the Supermarket/Wal-Mart/Amazon Warehouse to our homes.

Water can be tricky in a city due to the need for electricity or a backup pump.

Otherwise, they will have a full restock of items like Lysol in a week or two. Not sure exactly how many cans people think they need.

LdN

I could't buy the Stairway to Heaven. The stores were all closed. But then this lady shows up, and she knocks on the door, and with a single word, she was able to get what she came for. I mean....there was a sign on the wall, but I guess she wanted to be sure. Because sometimes words have two meanings.

So, I went down to a brook, and in the tree a songbird was singing. And that made me feel better. Because at least I know she was able to buy the stairway to heaven.

I could't buy the Stairway to Heaven. The stores were all closed. But then this lady shows up, and she knocks on the door, and with a single word, she was able to get what she came for. I mean....there was a sign on the wall, but I guess she wanted to be sure. Because sometimes words have two meanings.

So, I went down to a brook, and in the tree a songbird was singing. And that made me feel better. Because at least I know she was able to buy the stairway to heaven.
Can you hear the laughter?

Can you hear the laughter?
I did....it was echoing in the forests.

I wanted to go to another store, and I had to make a decision on the path....I chose one, and figured if it was the wrong one, I still had time to change the road I was on.....even though it was late in the afternoon....so late that my shadow was taller than my soul....and at that moment...I finally realized what the songbird was singing....the tune came to me at last....the songbird was singing that we are all in this Covid19 together...all are one and one is all...

Reactions: Bob78

So the toilet paper your wife bought today didn’t last long? AWS, we have a problem here! :)

Surprising enough I was able to find almost all veggies I wanted and fruit except bananas.

Me too. It was weird. I bought all the fresh vegetables and fruit I wanted. I'd think panic buyers would buy fresh stuff to eat while it's still available. Instead they buy things like toilet paper, dry pasta, ramen, and canned food which won't go bad anytime soon. Then they buy meat and freeze it. Luckily that doesn't bother me much since I'm not much of a meat eater. Apparently the hoarding mentality kills any desire to eat a healthy diet.

Me too. It was weird. I bought all the fresh vegetables and fruit I wanted. I'd think panic buyers would buy fresh stuff to eat while it's still available. Instead they buy things like toilet paper, dry pasta, ramen, and canned food which won't go bad anytime soon. Then they buy meat and freeze it. Luckily that doesn't bother me much since I'm not much of a meat eater. Apparently the hoarding mentality kills any desire to eat a healthy diet.

Full disclosure that grocery store is in a bit of an "up and coming" area. Fruits and Vegetables are not high on their grocery list.:cool:

Last edited:
"But Princess the peasants have no chicken, bread, eggs or milk!"

Nittany119 - "Let them eat Shrimp!"

Ah, mock me you fools.

Seriously I’m in the seafood biz. Shrimp is now a commodity, not the “luxury item” it was years ago. Plentiful supply still coming in and demand going down will make it very affordable, even tho it already is. Costco has great prices, as do Shop Rite, Stop n Shop and others. There’s always a sale. Unless you’re Wade Boggs, man cannot live on just chicken. What kind of a world would that be? Yuch.

I did....it was echoing in the forests.

I wanted to go to another store, and I had to make a decision on the path....I chose one, and figured if it was the wrong one, I still had time to change the road I was on.....even though it was late in the afternoon....so late that my shadow was taller than my soul....and at that moment...I finally realized what the songbird was singing....the tune came to me at last....the songbird was singing that we are all in this Covid19 together...all are one and one is all...

But, is there a bustle in your hedgerow?

Ah, mock me you fools.

Seriously I’m in the seafood biz. Shrimp is now a commodity, not the “luxury item” it was years ago. Plentiful supply still coming in and demand going down will make it very affordable, even tho it already is. Costco has great prices, as do Shop Rite, Stop n Shop and others. There’s always a sale. Unless you’re Wade Boggs, man cannot live on just chicken. What kind of a world would that be? Yuch.

Is this you?

8036932ad0a15c26fecbf271c3bb8f78.jpg

Reactions: AlienWedge
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT