What are Woods Procedures?

Discussion in 'Test/Politics Board' started by JR4PSU, Feb 5, 2018.

1. JR4PSU

JR4PSU Well-Known Member
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

They are procedures put in place to ensure no unverified information makes its way on to a FISA application.

"Presentation of ... unverified material to the Federal Intelligence Surveillance Act (FISA) court to justify a wiretap would appear to violate crucial procedural rules, called “Woods Procedures,” designed to protect U.S. citizens."

http://thehill.com/opinion/campaign...ses-question-did-fbi-violate-woods-procedures

http://hopelesslypartisan.com/the-fisa-warrant-and-the-woods-procedures/

T J likes this.
  2. gjbankos

gjbankos Well-Known Member
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

And they also used media articles. Why the hell is the FBI using press articles to get a FISA warrant? they are the FBI - the should be getting their own data.

And of course the media article was a planted article by the Steele.

T J likes this.
  3. Fayette_LION

Fayette_LION Well-Known Member
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

Nothing to see here, the FBI must make their own rules as they go depending on the person being investigated. Hillary had to have had her own set of rules! Those Woods procedures appear to very encompassing but alas, it's Trump, they do whatever they want.

T J and gjbankos like this.
  4. psuted

psuted Well-Known Member
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

When the truth surfaces on this sorry affair, I think it will turn out that the FISA process was illegally and intentionally abused by partisan left wing zealots within the FBI that hated Trump and were enabled and aided by political hacks within the Obama DOJ, the Crooked Hillary campaign, and even possibly the DNC. They may have even been aided by establishent R’s that hated the idea of a Trump Presidency and may have put aside their judgement to circumvent the vetting process because they were trying to save America from a duly elected President. It’s a just a matter of how far up within the Obama Administration this actually goes and will people go to jail.

Just my guess.

Fayette_LION and Sullivan like this.
  5. MarkPSU

MarkPSU Well-Known Member
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

Possibly likely, but almost impossible to prove.

6. gjbankos

Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

All the evidence supports this so far. I want to really know what McCain's involvement is in all of this.

psuted likes this.
  7. 2lion70

2lion70 Well-Known Member
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

Wood, procedures for:

Hard = good
    Limp = needs work

8. SimplyComplicated

SimplyComplicated Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

Why not show everyone the FISA warrant?

I mean, we have a guy writing a memo about the contents of something he's never even seen. We have a guy who actually saw the warrant saying the recounting of the contents by the person who never saw the warrant are wrong.

And, in psycho uber-con world, this means the FBI is violating laws. Good times.

So, since the uber-cons will willingly fight against reasonable steps, let's just look at the FISA warrants ourselves, so the uber-cons can tell us it doesn't say what it says.

DyingOnPrinciple likes this.
  9. 2lion70

2lion70 Well-Known Member
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

The Uber cons would just say it's a fake warrant. Only if tRump is not hurt will they accept it. Blinded by politics.

10. gjbankos

Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

And why the hell would a FISA judge not throw them out of the court when they pull out press articles?

11. psuted

psuted Well-Known Member
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

Better yet, let appoint a special independent prosecutor to investigate possible abuses, including but not limited to , the FISA warrant process, unmasking American Citizens, degree or level of spying on American citizens, events at the DOJ and Intelligence community before and after the Trump transition, leaking of classified material and any other partisan political influence in the process that goes back to the previous Obama Administration.

The prosecutor should also investigate the validity and legitimacy or justification of the process used during the appointment of the Mueller prosecuting team.

The existing Mueller Investigation proceeds without any political interference.

dailybuck777 likes this.
  12. Ten Thousan Marbles

Ten Thousan Marbles Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

As I guessed, discussion of Woods Procedures is trending on nutsack sites today. Presumably, also among the Russian troll-bots, as well, but I have not seen verification of that part of it.

Actually, I posted a fairly thorough explanation last week of what the Nunes Memo needed to show to have any credibility. A discussion of Woods Procedures was included. Unfortunately, it is pretty clear that almost none of all y'all chose to read it. All I saw was snark from some of yinz. Sad.

DyingOnPrinciple likes this.
  13. JR4PSU

JR4PSU Well-Known Member
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

Call your representative and tell them that. I'm all for it.

dailybuck777 and psuted like this.
  14. DyingOnPrinciple

DyingOnPrinciple Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

You call yours, I’ll call mine.

15. m.knox

m.knox Well-Known Member
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

I believe your "uber cons" are all for it.

Simplyadouchebag being a douchebag. Get to your corner. We'll let you know when your services are needed.