ADVERTISEMENT

WFT = Commanders

It's a testament to your strength that with this name change you are still managing to carry on.

fake-outrage-so.jpg
What are you even saying. This makes no sense.
Always remember, the left can't meme

Also, it has become clear, after using the word no less than 37 times in the last 3 days, that you do not understand the meaning of the word "outrage."

Last edited:
Reactions: NoBareFeet
Great nicknames that were changed in the past:
Marquette Warriors
Stanford Indians
St John’s Redmen
Syracuse Orangemen
Army Cadets
Utah Redskins
North Dakota Fighting Sioux
Add The Eastern Michigan Hurons to that list.

Care to guess who wasn't consulted in any way by anyone on either side of the debate on the EMU name change, especially on whether or not the name should even be changed? That's right, the Huron Nation on their reservation in Missouri. Not one single person on either side of the debate sought out their opinion. Apparently their opinion didn't matter. FTR, they didn't care either way (someone non-aligned with the debate actually did go to the res and got their opinion, P.J. O'Rourke). The Hurons were far more concerned with more pressing problems on their res like poverty, lack of economic opportunity, drug and alcohol abuse, high suicide rates, high rates of spousal abuse, etc. I think it's been long enough by now for the Eastern Michigan University name change from the the Hurons to the Eagles to have affected its intended effect. It would be interesting to go back now and see how the EMU name change has either directly or indirectly improved the lives of the Huron people on their res in Missouri.

I’m sure I could research and find the answers, however, full disclosure - I’m too lazy this morning. Who made the push for the change of the Cleveland and Washington teams?
And, why do we still have the FSU Seminoles, Atlanta Braves and KC Chiefs being loud and proud of the tomahawk chant and chop?
🤷🏻‍♂️

OL
The Redskins one I can understand as it is undeniably a slur but Braves and Chiefs are honorable names as is the Seminole
name. Don't see the need but it won't change my life so why should I be that concerned. We got people all over with their mad on about many things.

Reactions: GulfCoastLion
Crusaders is the nickname of my high school, Bishop Canevin in West Pittsburgh, and I've always been proud of it. A crusader also is the mascot of my nephew's high school, Our Lady of the Sacred Heart in Moon, although their nickname is the Chargers.
BERGEN CATHOLIC CRUSADERS! THERE ARE NONE BETTER!

With today’s revelations, I think we now know why they picked 2/2 to announce the team name

This will probably come as a surprise to many but an Indian is a person from India. The people settlers had Thanksgiving dinner with were Native Americans not Indians. They were however looking for the West Indies. The mascot name of Indians is stupid and lacks knowledge and awareness. It's like calling a team the Brits or Russians. Names of Native American tribes or ranks like that of the Seminoles or the Chiefs is an honorary term, thus why they have never changed, unlike the Redskins or Indians.
This isn't that hard to figure out unless you are some person into political extremes easily lead by your respective leader.

Not to be confused with the old Arena league team, the Washington Commandos

A fitting end to this saga...

This will probably come as a surprise to many but an Indian is a person from India. The people settlers had Thanksgiving dinner with were Native Americans not Indians. They were however looking for the West Indies. The mascot name of Indians is stupid and lacks knowledge and awareness. It's like calling a team the Brits or Russians. Names of Native American tribes or ranks like that of the Seminoles or the Chiefs is an honorary term, thus why they have never changed, unlike the Redskins or Indians.
This isn't that hard to figure out unless you are some person into political extremes easily lead by your respective leader.
You're overthinking this.

Reactions: heckmans
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT