ADVERTISEMENT

Well, well, well, coach classy (D'antonio) hangs up on interviewer today!!

I kind of like Dantonio. A man of few words, but his actions are intense. Has turned MSU into an improbable Top Ten program the past 4 years.

You "kinda like D'Antonio" eh?

Apparently you did not watch, or attend the 2008 game vs Michigan State at Beaver stadium, then. If you did, and you still "kinda like" him, then you're not a Penn State fan.

Reactions: TheGLOV
Imagine if Franklin hung up on a couple reports. D'Antonio can coach, but he is a jerk.

Not jut D'Antonio but I just do not get these "grumpy" coaches. What the F*%K do they have to be so freaking non-stop grumpy about? From Jerry Tarkanian, to Boeheim, to Saban, to this d-bag ... you have coaches that never crack a smile and are just non-stop grumpy angry d-bags..... why??? These guys are living the dream. They get paid millions of dollars to coach a freaking game. They are getting paid to do something that we all dreamed about as little boys. Besides the millions of dollars in salary, they get non-stop adulation from fans, and get to work their trade on a beautiful college campus.

They want something to be so angry about, try waking up every morning and knowing for the next 10 hours you are roofing shingles, or working construction, or sitting in a cubicle ..... now that is a reason to be a grumpy d-bag.

Not jut D'Antonio but I just do not get these "grumpy" coaches. What the F*%K do they have to be so freaking non-stop grumpy about? From Jerry Tarkanian, to Boeheim, to Saban, to this d-bag ... you have coaches that never crack a smile and are just non-stop grumpy angry d-bags..... why??? These guys are living the dream. They get paid millions of dollars to coach a freaking game. They are getting paid to do something that we all dreamed about as little boys. Besides the millions of dollars in salary, they get non-stop adulation from fans, and get to work their trade on a beautiful college campus.

They want something to be so angry about, try waking up every morning and knowing for the next 10 hours you are roofing shingles, or working construction, or sitting in a cubicle ..... now that is a reason to be a grumpy d-bag.
Well, for starters, Dantonio has been called D'Antoni multiple times by ESPN, and his name was mis-spelled on the SI cover.
He is also a little sick of reporters asking about UM and Harbaugh, when all MSU does is kick UM's ass.
He sells this lack of respect to the team, and they clearly respond.

Reactions: step.eng69
You "kinda like D'Antonio" eh?

Apparently you did not watch, or attend the 2008 game vs Michigan State at Beaver stadium, then. If you did, and you still "kinda like" him, then you're not a Penn State fan.
Remind me of what happened.

Well, for starters, Dantonio has been called D'Antoni multiple times by ESPN, and his name was mis-spelled on the SI cover.
He is also a little sick of reporters asking about UM and Harbaugh, when all MSU does is kick UM's ass.

I dislike Harbaugh more than D'Antoni so here's hoping he keeps on kicking Harbaugh and MeCheatAgain's rear ends every year...

Reactions: Nitt1300
Remind me of what happened.
We kicked MSU's ass all over the field. Joe called time out in 4th quarter to get a standing O for one of the seniors.
Dantonio was pissed at that.
MSU called two timeouts with less then 30 sec left in game.
Total douche move by Dantonio.

It was early and D'Antoni was grumpy because he hadn't yet had his morning coffee or kicked a puppy. He hung up to go do both.

Here is a quiz: Who was the grumpiest coach ever at a press conference?
Was it Dantonio, Saban, hmmmmmmm?

I kind of like Dantonio. A man of few words, but his actions are intense. Has turned MSU into an improbable Top Ten program the past 4 years.

Wonder which program(s) in his conference were down exactly the last four years to help him and MSU become a 'success'? Hint: they won't be down for much longer.

We kicked MSU's ass all over the field. Joe called time out in 4th quarter to get a standing O for one of the seniors.
Dantonio was pissed at that.
MSU called two timeouts with less then 30 sec left in game.
Total douche move by Dantonio.

Then he took a rose from one of the fans, threw it on the ground and stepped on it, on his way into the locker room after the ass kicking he received.

I
I'm from the Detroit area. Attended the game. Watching the taped post game interview with Dantonio by Channel 7 Reporter outside their locker room at Beaver Stadium. He was seething in my view. He did not say it but from this tone of voice (almost a hiss) he felt disrespected by the score and took it personally. Don't recall exact words but got the impression there would be payback in the future. May explain running up the score and having an offensive lineman score a TD in last years game as time ran out.

I

I'm from the Detroit area. Attended the game. Watching the taped post game interview with Dantonio by Channel 7 Reporter outside their locker room at Beaver Stadium. He was seething in my view. He did not say it but from this tone of voice (almost a hiss) he felt disrespected by the score and took it personally. Don't recall exact words but got the impression there would be payback in the future. May explain running up the score and having an offensive lineman score a TD in last years game as time ran out.

Might explain that, but does not cover for the negative recruiting he does against PSU.

Nobody had worse press conferences than Paterno in his later years. It was obvious he didn't want to be there. He didn't start off with a short talk on his own, as other coaches do, but went right to questions, which he answered as sparingly as possible and sometimes, the answer didn't match the question.

Nobody had worse press conferences than Paterno in his later years. It was obvious he didn't want to be there. He didn't start off with a short talk on his own, as other coaches do, but went right to questions, which he answered as sparingly as possible and sometimes, the answer didn't match the question.

Which has nothing to do with Mark D'Antonio being a prick who negative recruits against Penn State.

Then he took a rose from one of the fans, threw it on the ground and stepped on it, on his way into the locker room after the ass kicking he received.

He's a football coach. I would have thought it was pretty funny if I was there. Kind of silly to be bad mouthing Dantonio about the incident from 8 years ago. Joe would never have done that. but it doesnt mean Dantionio sucks. Joe just had a extremely calm temperament in defeat. Now if he is negatively recruiting against PSU, its not working because his classes generally have not matched up with PSU's except for maybe last years.,

He's a football coach. I would have thought it was pretty funny if I was there. Kind of silly to be bad mouthing Dantonio about the incident from 8 years ago. Joe would never have done that. but it doesnt mean Dantionio sucks. Joe just had a extremely calm temperament in defeat. Now if he is negatively recruiting against PSU, its not working because his classes generally have not matched up with PSU's except for maybe last years.,

You don't know "what Joe would have done" more than anyone else. I hate the guy, and he negative recruits. You want to like him? Go root for Michigan State. I'm a Penn State fan.

This guy will get his some day. He is a low life win at all costs guy with no class. Its no surprise this cat is from the Tressler coaching tree.

Reactions: biacto and 21Guns
I

Yes, I was at the game, and he was definitely seething on the sideline. I am sure it carried over to the post game.

I give him credit for what he has done at MSU, especially with UM, ND and OSU right in his backyard(s). He has had good teams over the last couple of years. But, it will all go in cycles, and whatever anger he felt a few years ago that he wanted to take out on a bunch of kids - and coaches - that were not there when it happened, will be remembered and will be addressed in due time.

I give him credit for what he has done at MSU, especially with UM, ND and OSU right in his backyard(s). He has had good teams over the last couple of years. But, it will all go in cycles, and whatever anger he felt a few years ago that he wanted to take out on a bunch of kids - and coaches - that were not there when it happened, will be remembered and will be addressed in due time.

I think this chick needs for sunscreen!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT