ADVERTISEMENT

Weekend Upsets with WrestleStat | Week 11 2023

andegre

May 18, 2004
There's a HUGE list of upsets this week, with the big one being Shane Griffith of Stanford dropping to #16 Michael Caliendo of North Dakota State in their dual last weekend.

As you'll notice below, the "Weekend Upsets" have now been opened up to their own page on the website, so you're able to check in on upsets any time of the week.

Anyone who thinks Spencer won't bonus his way to #4, just look at this week's upsets. 125 is a mediocre mess below the GOAT.

Unless someone completely catches him in a fluke throw (last week), only the potential for injury remains in his path. Heck he has wrestled on torn ACLs in the past. If he were to blow one out again, I suspect just a small speed bump, he still goes and wins out anyway.

Reactions: andegre
Cronin over McKee should have been a medical default. McKee came down hard on his head attempting a takedown in the first (while ahead in the match) and went for concussion protocol testing but was allowed to continue even though he was clearly dazed and unable to wrestle at the same level. There is no way he should have been allowed to continue, and he spent 2 1/2 periods hanging on trying to save 3 team points. I watched that in fear of what was going to happen next.

Anyone who thinks Spencer won't bonus his way to #4, just look at this week's upsets. 125 is a mediocre mess below the GOAT.

Unless someone completely catches him in a fluke throw (last week), only the potential for injury remains in his path. Heck he has wrestled on torn ACLs in the past. If he were to blow one out again, I suspect just a small speed bump, he still goes and wins out anyway.
Yeah, it's Spencer then Glory then a whole bunch of mediocre, and I give Glory very, very little chance of upsetting Spencer. The third best guy in the class might be Figueroa, who's not even a starter for his team.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT