ADVERTISEMENT

Weekend Music. Which album influenced you the most?

Sons 1&2 introduced me to FIDLAR and reignited my love of the pit.
Q6JWIKw.jpg

Meet the Beatles, Sergeant Pepper’s
Led Zeppelin’s first
Santana’s first
Pet Sounds
Let It Bleed and Out of Our Heads
September of My Years by Frank S
Rascals Greatest Hits- Time Peace, I believe
Beatles win!

Had an English teacher in HS that was a part time DJ, good radio gig . He'd get albums and bring some in as prizes for whatever, I won a copy of this approx. '74 . It was about a whole different world to a hs kid from western PA. I loved it within a week and still do
images

Led Zep 4 by far then in no particular order
Deep Purple Machine Head
Allman Brothers Eat a Peach, Brothers and Sisters
Hendrix Electric Ladyland
Rod Stewart Every Picture tells a Story

Live Albums
CSN&Y 4 Way Street

Reactions: BriarwoodBash
Started with this one. This is what got me REALLY loving the trumpet. My dad played and that’s ultimately why I played, but this drove my love for the instrument. Especially 25 or 6 to 4.

ChicagoAlbum.jpg

as I got older, I can remember the first few country songs I listened to regularly were from this one. This is what also started my love for country music. I remember praying that I would “draw” the cab tractor when we were raking hay so I could tune into WIOV and WXCY (southern York county/northern Harford country stations)
71YGSO8-XLL._SL1500_.jpg

as I got older and started listening to grunge, of course I knew nirvana and STP and Pearl Jam, but every time a certain band was On 105.7 theX, I paid more attention. Alice In Chains. The vocal harmonies, distorted guitar andLayne Staley’s voice captivated me. Then I heard this performance and it immediately endeared the band to me and put them at the top of my favorite band list for life.Not just being able to hear the pain in his voice, but see it on stage..... powerful performance.
RtqnqYr5SdD97UDc7sn67k-320-80.jpg

While being 60+ years in age.....I am lucky because I have seen so much.....so often a song comes on the radio and my mind flashes back to seeing that band live....in my high school and college days I was so lucky to see Zeppelin, Pink Floyd, Heart, Kansas, ELO, BTO, Billy Joel, Styx, Paul McCartney, Eagles, Skynyrd, Moody Blues, CCR, and so many more. Later with my daughters we saw Stained, Journey, Match Box 20, Linkin Park, incubus, STP, Elton John, ++++. My life has been filled with music and sports....I wonder if ELP wrote "Lucky Man" about me!

Reactions: odshowtime
I’m not sure any album really “influenced” me. Influence means, the capacity to have an effect on the character, development, or behavior of someone or something, or the effect itself.

I read the question like we have a bunch of songwriters in here. I doubt that.

God Hates Us All - Slayer
Ænema - Tool
Vulgar Display of Power - Pantera
It Takes a Nation of Millions to Hold us Back - Public Enemy

Reactions: odshowtime
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT