ADVERTISEMENT

Weekend music, whaddya got?

If I could go back in time and attend one show - here ya go ------>

Keith on Mick Taylor: "They said we were getting a guitar player, not a f***ing virtuoso."

Last edited:
If I could go back in time and attend one show - here ya go ------>

Keith on Mick Taylor: "They said we were getting a guitar player, not a f***ing virtuoso."

Damn, they are going at it. When bands like that get old and all you see are old guys and the radio plays some old hits people can get the impression that they were just a band that happened to have some hits way back then. It's easy for forget that they were a really kick ass band and excellent musicians too.

Maybe I'm just getting old and out of touch but I just don't see that in bands today for the most part. If feels like it's more about glitz and flashing lights and image and less about musical substance. The 60s and 70s Stones stuff is aging very well.

Reactions: MtNittany
I've been on a Beach Boys jag lately so I had them going on YouTube, where it goes from one song to the next. And a Chicago song came on for some reason. And it turned out it was because some Beach Boys sang on it (Al, Carl and Dennis, although in this video Mike replaces Dennis).

Chicago had some pretty kick a** tunes in the 70s and this is one of them IMO.

ETA: As I watch and listen to that, although some of it sounds live I think maybe the background part that the Beach Boys are supposedly singing are on tape. It sounds too good and plus now and then in the video I see some of the Beach Boys not singing when they should be. Other opinions are welcome.

ETA Again: Watch when it switches to Al and Carl at 2:18. At 2:26 Al starts smiling/laughing, after which Carl smiles and looks at Al. I think Carl said something to crack Al up. But the voice of the Chicago singers sounds live. Maybe the Beach Boys mics are dead and they can say anything they want for that and they're pretend singing while saying stuff to crack each other up.

Last edited:
Yesterday the wife, my younger daughter, and I drove home from Illinois after helping clear out the in-laws' home. (They have relocated to an assisted living community.) We drove two cars home and once while Molly was driving me she sang "My Girl" and "I Can't Stop Loving You" for me to lipread. Beyond cool, a memory that will stay. Good drive home.

Reactions: bytir and Aloha T
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT