ADVERTISEMENT

Football Week 1 Other Games Thread

You said Philly or Pittsburgh, neither of which comes close
As Lando said above, I mentioned Tennessee playing at Nissan Stadium, which only seats 68,000, and asked whether Penn State has ever considered doing something similar in Philadelphia or Pittsburgh.

I mentioned Neyland Stadium because having a 100,000+ seat stadium didn’t stop them from playing in a major city.

Prime just out a ton a pressure on new coaches to win immediately. His approach, whether anyone loves or hates it, works.

That doesn't mean it's a good idea and takes a lot of money out of our local business and costs the university money
He asked a question (didnt say we should) and your response didnt make sense. This response was better but you were wrong or misunderstood. It's okay to admit that.

As Lando said above, I mentioned Tennessee playing at Nissan Stadium, which only seats 68,000, and asked whether Penn State has ever considered doing something similar in Philadelphia or Pittsburgh.

I mentioned Neyland Stadium because having a 100,000+ seat stadium didn’t stop them from playing in a major city.
Why doesn't Pitt play neutral stadium games? You guys should scheduled a game at Joe Walton stadium on the Robert Morris campus. It holds 3000 +, you might have a sell out without the free beverage.

Reactions: 81b&w
Why doesn't Pitt play neutral stadium games? You guys should scheduled a game at Joe Walton stadium on the Robert Morris campus. It holds 3000 +, you might have a sell out without the free beverage.
Come on. That's not a comparable comparison to Tennessee playing in Nashville. Pitt is a city school. Penn State is a large state school with huge fan bases in Philadelphia and Pittsburgh. It would be like Ohio State in Cleveland or Cincinnati. Texas in Houston. North Carolina in Charlotte. You're being absurd for an innocent question

You’re joking, but I’ve wanted us to play a game in PNC Park for years now. I think it has the perfect dimensions for a football game and it’d help later in the season when our attendance dips into the 40,000s.

We’re playing Syracuse at Yankee Stadium this season, why don’t we return the favor when they come to Pittsburgh in 2024?

This pressure already exists. Unless you see coaches fired for losing game 1, year 1. Lol
It doesn't...at least not to the level it should. See Neal Brown still being employed. Or a certain Auburn coach getting a year 2 that he shouldn't have.

Come on. That's not a comparable comparison to Tennessee playing in Nashville. Pitt is a city school. Penn State is a large state school with huge fan bases in Philadelphia and Pittsburgh. It would be like Ohio State in Cleveland or Cincinnati. Texas in Houston. North Carolina in Charlotte. You're being absurd for an innocent question
He’s alright. Thomas likes to chirp but it’s all in good nature. Should be expected when a Pitt fan posts on here.

As usual you’re being a jerk trying to start an argument. Go fight with someone else moron. HailToPitt725 plus anyone else with a brain knew I was joking with him.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT