ADVERTISEMENT

weedeater help

joestheman

Sep 3, 2010
OT. Weed eater recommendations appreciated. I use an electric,string trimmer. I'M OK with power cord burden as opposed to a gas model. My problem is the constant string breakage. My question is,are there small,non-metal blades on the market that would fit my trimmer. If so, are these blades better than string? Thanks

I agree with battery and I've tried them all. Gas engines are too frustrating. Electric cords are a pain. Black & Decker battery can't be beat. 20V.

I have owned all types and I like the battery operated Black and Decker...reasonable price and you don't have to fool with the crap of a gas operated weedeater.

Go Green!

dsc_0177.jpg

google-goats.jpg

OT. Weed eater recommendations appreciated. I use an electric,string trimmer. I'M OK with power cord burden as opposed to a gas model. My problem is the constant string breakage. My question is,are there small,non-metal blades on the market that would fit my trimmer. If so, are these blades better than string? Thanks

They sell kits to add plastic blades to replace the string. Cheap and easy, but they do more damage if you hit something you don't want to. They also eventually chip and break, but it takes awhile. Something like this is available almost anywhere.

51slCc06i6L._AC_UL320_SR222,320_.jpg

Reactions: joestheman
Don't let that cord ruin your skirt!

Electric weedwhackers are slightly less-effective than electric chain saws (though I must confess I usedtheshit out of my old electric chainsaw-but felt like such a pansy/hoping my neighbor wasn't watching)

Unfortunately electric weed-whackers are the moped of lawn-care appliances and, according to data, are sold primarily to bingo-players living in patio-home developments

Take it from someone who knows - Women dig 40:1 guys that smell like 2-cycle exhaust

;)

Don't let that cord ruin your skirt!

Electric weedwhackers are slightly less-effective than electric chain saws (though I must confess I usedtheshit out of my old electric chainsaw-but felt like such a pansy/hoping my neighbor wasn't watching)

Unfortunately electric weed-whackers are the moped of lawn-care appliances and, according to data, are sold primarily to bingo-players living in patio-home developments

Take it from someone who knows - Women dig 40:1 guys that smell like 2-cycle exhaust

;)
Massimo I always look forward to your posts. Keep them coming. By the way, I'm starting my 3rd year with my John Deere 110. Appreciate your input on that. Thanks, love it.

I own a Ryobi hybrid trimmer. It can be powered by battery or cord. I like it's convenience, but it won't solve your string wear issue. My only complaint is the high cost of replacement string cartridges. I once tried buying the string on a large spool and winding the empty trimmer cartridge myself on a previously owned trimmer. Didn't work very well, but is manageable if saving money is a priority. I haven't tried this with my Ryobi, but I would be ecstatic if it worked.

Massimo I always look forward to your posts. Keep them coming. By the way, I'm starting my 3rd year with my John Deere 110. Appreciate your input on that. Thanks, love it.

Thanks... Shopping right now for a used Deere for my nephew who is closing on his first home at the end of the month... He needs more than our light-duty L/La/D Series models... Licking my chops at some of these mint 6-10yr old garden tractors ... But the La-110 is enough tractor for my 1-acre

Reactions: therod
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT