ADVERTISEMENT

Weather warning for Akron game

Certainly will take rain for the game if that means that Harvey leaves the Texas Gulf coast a little earlier than expected. Man, I've never seen anything like that.

Weather channel shows it coming up well short of State College during game day.
MAX_WEB_TROP_ATL9_swath_1280x720.jpg

My friend from HS lives in Sugar Land near the Brazos. They only had a recommended evac so he stayed and spent the night upstairs just in case. He texted me this morning that they still had electricity, some water on the street though. Still some light rain though. His levee is at 63' and the rive should crest at 59'. Hopefully the levee and the pumps hold.

My friend from HS lives in Sugar Land near the Brazos. They only had a recommended evac so he stayed and spent the night upstairs just in case. He texted me this morning that they still had electricity, some water on the street though. Still some light rain though. His levee is at 63' and the rive should crest at 59'. Hopefully the levee and the pumps hold.
He is damn lucky. The levee holding the Brazos just south of Sugar Land in Brazoria County just breached a few hours ago. Everyone south is trying to flee

We are getting hammered in the New Orleans area. We were already 15" above normal YTD before the rain today.

Reactions: BBrown and PSU2UNC
Weather warning? This by no means will be the same Harvey that is dropping bombs on Houston. If anything, it'll just be nuisance showers off and on.

Reactions: BBrown
Weather warning? This by no means will be the same Harvey that is dropping bombs on Houston. If anything, it'll just be nuisance showers off and on.

Everything I've seen has it around Memphis on Sat. morning. I don't see it affecting our game at all.
Maybe if it was a night game but not a nooner.

GFS has Harvey in Ohio on Saturday morning. The Euro has it a little slower, still in Kentucky.

Weather channel shows it coming up well short of State College during game day.
MAX_WEB_TROP_ATL9_swath_1280x720.jpg

You need to understand that this graph is a prediction of where the center of circulation will be, not the rain shield. Usually, the upper winds push the rain far ahead of these storms after they are inland. Also, they often accelerate over time. I predict light rain by kickoff with heavier rain by second half, unless it tracks south. Which it may do since there is a cold front on the way.

---

You need to understand that this graph is a prediction of where the center of circulation will be, not the rain shield. Usually, the upper winds push the rain far ahead of these storms after they are inland. Also, they often accelerate over time. I predict light rain by kickoff with heavier rain by second half, unless it tracks south. Which it may do since there is a cold front on the way.

---

Something tells me Spin has a METEO degree....cause NOAA just updated:

• Saturday

DualImage.php

Mostly Sunny
    then Chance
    Rain

High: 72 °F

The only real "whether" warning is whether Akron can hang around for a half or not!

Take rain gear. I have learned to distrust gameday forecasts that minimize rain.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT