ADVERTISEMENT

FB Recruiting WeAre....BETTER! -- 2024 OL Deryc Plazz commits to PSU!

We seem to be after long and leaner OT types. I've seen Sexton listed at 6'7" 245, Boyer at 6'7" 260, and Plazz at 6'5" 265 although this article has him up to 280. These guys are athletes. These aren't guys with bad weight. They move well but will need a couple years in the weight room like most OL. But they aren't haven't to shed bad weight, they are in the weight room to build from a lean and long frame.

Not complaining but seems like we have a ton of OL recruits.
we do have “ a ton of OL recruits”….. when compared to 3-4+ years ago.— We were lucky to have a quality 1 deep across the line at that time. Our backs and QB’s were often forced to “overachieve and improvise”…and to their credit, they often did. — If they want to compete for conference and national championships, a legit ( minimum) 2 deep plug and play are needed. Looks like they are addressing this actively, and this will pay big dividends in future 4/5 star RB and QB recruitment. ( I know we currently get some high end interest, but with a very strong/deep OL that interest and selection will increase)

Reactions: Online Persona
It seems to me that Satterwhite is likely headed elsewhere with this commitment, if Plazz is an inside guy.

Not complaining but seems like we have a ton of OL recruits.

8 OL with JR or older eligibility. Gotta keep the cupboard full.

It seems to me that Satterwhite is likely headed elsewhere with this commitment, if Plazz is an inside guy.

I think he's considered a true OT prospect, but has the ability to play inside if he has to. First visit and he committed on the spot is a little unusual though.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT