ADVERTISEMENT

We can do Better.

Love the lions

Gold Member
Jul 2, 2022
Guys, I’m the least controversial guy on this Forum. I seldom see any benefit from going after fellow Penn State fans. But, Mineo’s crystal ball/troll brought out some of the worst in us.

Blasting Nagao last week for supposedly taking bags of cash vs. the Cael approach did not sit well with me. We had no idea what the kid was thinking, but some bit on Mineo’s bait and lambasted that kid, “how could he honestly come to accept bags of cash after his statements on Bashmania?” Some said “we don’t need him” or that Cannon is “the better choice”. If I’m a 20 year old kid, that kind of rhetoric can be very damaging. I hope he doesn’t confuse his detractors as being representative of our Forum.

He apparently was always on the straight and narrow. He played it right, while I can’t say the same for some of our members. He kept the secret while some of us overreacted.

I know it’s just a forum and that’s what makes it go…..but, our criticisms do carry impact for these young warriors. No reason to make it personal. I for one, thank Nagao for his level headed thinking and his commitment to the program. He proved he’s Penn State worthy. I’m now 110% in his corner.

Guys, I’m the least controversial guy on this Forum. I seldom see any benefit from going after fellow Penn State fans. But, Mineo’s crystal ball/troll brought out some of the worst in us.

Blasting Nagao last week for supposedly taking bags of cash vs. the Cael approach did not sit well with me. We had no idea what the kid was thinking, but some bit on Mineo’s bait and lambasted that kid, “how could he honestly come to accept bags of cash after his statements on Bashmania?” Some said “we don’t need him” or that Cannon is “the better choice”. If I’m a 20 year old kid, that kind of rhetoric can be very damaging. I hope he doesn’t confuse his detractors as being representative of our Forum.

He apparently was always on the straight and narrow. He played it right, while I can’t say the same for some of our members. He kept the secret while some of us overreacted.

I know it’s just a forum and that’s what makes it go…..but, our criticisms do carry impact for these young warriors. No reason to make it personal. I for one, thank Nagao for his level headed thinking and his commitment to the program. He proved he’s Penn State worthy. I’m now 110% in his corner.
How about "you go your way and I'll go mine".

I was one who said that if Mineo’s tweet was fact then I had lost respect for him after the Basch interview. I clearly stated in all caps “if the tweet was true”.

I was on Nagao as a great kid. I even mentioned that I would love to see him at PSU when I saw him wrestle early in the season.

I was wrong to respond to the Mineo tweet. But it just seemed to fly in the face of the Basch interview.

I hope he knows that I am a huge fan.

Who’s to say our busting of chops didn’t sway his decision in the 11th hour? ;)

In all honesty I’m not sure I read anything too vicious, though I was good for a bag joke when the dissonance between the kid we saw on Basch and what Mineo was slinging was at its peak. I’m happy and validated to learn their was plenty of consistency between the interview and the decision.

I bet if the Goophers have a board, some far less savory things have likely been said than anything here. Good thing our team emphasizes minimizing distractions. Imagine how damaging internet comments can be when your coaches are the ones pointing them out to you.

Mineo was not trolling Iowa in any way. He of course will say that now but he was not trolling Iowa. He just can't accept being wrong and is a complete tool.

Reactions: CowboyUp61

I don’t dislike this post. I do think fans “fanatics” should be allowed to be fans but I also think there is always a lot of overreacting and a lot of hyperbole in these situations. The important thing is to not go off the deep end. I don’t feel like anyone did that. And for the record, Cannon did beat Nagao last year and for someone to say he is better is a reasonable rebuttal. Either way, I do like the sentiment of the post.

I'm the last guy to stick up for these little frat brothers on this board but I don't recall a single one of them blasting Aaron or any wrestler for that matter...

So kick rocks dude.

You said, “I don’t recall (any of my frat brothers) blasting Aaron or any other wrestler on this forum”. Seriously?
btw. I have kicked rocks and will not be doing that again.

From hetero forward, let's assume 100% of Mineo's scoups are erroneous. Inso doing we will ultimately prove correct about 50% of the time.

Last edited:
Pat Mineo is entertainment. Nobody is forced to read these or any other forums. I don't think most D1 wrestlers are fragile snowflakes that can't handle some mean talk ( Spencer struggles) but most are mature and strong enough to let it bounce off.

Reactions: Split shot
If you’re referring to my initial post, I’m sorry that you took it as a lecture. I intended it to be a sermon. 😉
giphy.gif

Reactions: Love the lions
If you’re referring to my initial post, I’m sorry that you took it as a lecture. I intended it to be a sermon. 😉
Ah, now it all makes sense. Lar gave his only son to us to save the wrestling world and we crucified him. Cathy wept over Spencer's knees.
giphy.gif

Reactions: Love the lions
Someone should tell Stephen A Smith and Skip Bayless that they need to do better because their words impact others. Quite frankly, I would have to say that the individual does not care what a bunch of 25-65+ year old men/women (who are likely out of shape themselves lol) have to say about them

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT