ADVERTISEMENT

Football We Are... Better! Penn State lands 2024 DE Jaylen Harvey

Wow. I’m surprised. Spoke to one of his high school coaches over the weekend and felt that it was going to be US C. I think there were even people on the USC board who predicted he was coming to them.

Reactions: bourbon n blues
Awesome! The only defensive prospect I wanted more than Jaylen was Jamonta Waller. The young man will uphold PSU's tradition of having disruptive edge guys. He has the early signs of being a beast!

If Harvey de-commits after all the work the coaches did to get him here, I’m going, I’m going, we’ll actually I’m not going to do anything because there’s nothing I can do about it. Serenity now, serenity now.

Reactions: The Spin Meister
Seen a quote that said the staff sees him as an edge rusher who could play in space so... that sounds like Parsons to me.
In watching the video of his public school selection he doesn't look the 255 I've seen him mentioned at. Seems the staff is super high on him so where ever they see him playing he must be a high talented pass rusher. Class if filling out nicely. We know they also want Willor. Wonder if they are still going after another WR as well........

In watching the video of his public school selection he doesn't look the 255 I've seen him mentioned at. Seems the staff is super high on him so where ever they see him playing he must be a high talented pass rusher. Class if filling out nicely. We know they also want Willor. Wonder if they are still going after another WR as well........
Did we watch the same video? He looks huge to me. Looks like a college body already.

Did we watch the same video? He looks huge to me. Looks like a college body already.
Strong side DE huge? He was standing next to his parents.

Looked more in the mold of Parsons or Carter to me. Listed as 6'3" and most PSU DE's are 6'4" - 6'5". Guess we'll find out in a year, or Franklin and/or Diaz may say on signing day.

I would say that we are still trying to flip a WR, but I'm not certain. Word is OSU is trying to get Chance Robinson to flip from Miami. No word on Marsh yet, but we might be interested in a S and IOL from Spartys potential decoms.

I don't think Willor is a take unless we lose somebody. I think we go portal at DT this coming cycle as well. WR as well. Attrition will hit there.

I would say that we are still trying to flip a WR, but I'm not certain. Word is OSU is trying to get Chance Robinson to flip from Miami. No word on Marsh yet, but we might be interested in a S and IOL from Spartys potential decoms.

I don't think Willor is a take unless we lose somebody. I think we go portal at DT this coming cycle as well. WR as well. Attrition will hit there.
I think PSU would take Willor in a heartbeat. Otherwise, your list seems reasonable. On3 guys were bent on picking up a corner perhaps from the portal... That makes sense, too.

Reactions: lazydave841

Marsh and Dennis from MSU would be nice

I think PSU would take Willor in a heartbeat. Otherwise, your list seems reasonable. On3 guys were bent on picking up a corner perhaps from the portal... That makes sense, too.

Willor recruitment just seems off to me. He's taken 2 visits in September, us and Maryland. Posted on Twitter yesterday that his recruitment is still 100% open. He looks like he's waiting on the green light to commit to us, but hasn't been given it. No inside info. Just my read.

Reactions: bison13

PSU definitely still needs playmakers at WR. Cephus is listed as a RS Sr. Would he potentially have a 6th year of eligibility? His plan may have been to come to PSU and show he is an NFL draft choice and move on after this season, but he might be better served to come back in 2024 after he is more integrated into the offense and on the same page as Allar.

Pretty much the same with McClain, who does have remaining eligibility. McClain definitely has high end talent, but hasn't gotten into the offense much. Would be great if he puts up some numbers in the remaining games and comes back in 2024 a well.

Willor has a serious offer list, and with the need for big bodies on the DL it's hard to believe he's not a take. Who knows....

Reactions: bison13
Willor recruitment just seems off to me. He's taken 2 visits in September, us and Maryland. Posted on Twitter yesterday that his recruitment is still 100% open. He looks like he's waiting on the green light to commit to us, but hasn't been given it. No inside info. Just my read.
I get that. But that just doesn't match some of the statements from Willor himself recently.

Reactions: lazydave841
Where is his family? Sounds like he wants to stay close to home.

At 6-3 255... He is killing it ...might fill any DL position in 2 years...

Cephas does have a covid year best I remember. McClain will be in his 4th year next year. I expect both to return next year outside of one (or both) of them feeling slighted as to how this year turns out. Neither was on the field much vs UMass in the first half. So...

Reactions: GregInPitt
I don't think he translates to LBer at the university level. He has some quickness and explosion but not what we would expect from a LBer. Love him at DE all the way.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT