ADVERTISEMENT

Washington Admirals?

Obliviax

Aug 21, 2001
Washington Football Team is announcing a new name on 2.2.22 and the following list is the shortlist of names. Interestingly, if you key in WashingtonAdmirals.com it goes straight to the WFT website. Is that the new name?

FIRNllLXIAQNn-i

There are so many official reviews and games drag on so long that they should use the Washington Bureaucrats!
At first thought the reference was to a low level minor league hockey team. Anyone remember the Philadelphia Ramblers. That was real hockey, bench clearers every night, not the Ice Capades you now have. By the way, the WFT will always be the Redskins; just like FSU will be the Seminoles.

Is someone trying to change the name of the FSU Seminoles? The Seminole Tribe seems to have a pretty good relationship with the University

Reactions: LAVAR!!!1
Washington Football Team is announcing a new name on 2.2.22 and the following list is the shortlist of names. Interestingly, if you key in WashingtonAdmirals.com it goes straight to the WFT website. Is that the new name?

FIRNllLXIAQNn-i
Sad to see the Washington Hypocrites was not included in the finals. Hard to find one individual who hasn't changed position depending on who won the election.

Funny, the link now redirects to https://virginiasportsmp.com/ and not the WFT.

If they choose from the list presented, I think the viable/likely ones are Armada or Defenders. Brigade, Commanders, Presidents just don't sound right and there's no way Snyder allows the mascot to be a pig. An affectionate name given to the OL decades ago, does not translate to a billion dollar brand.

FIRNllLXIAQNn-i

So WFT is still an option?

That would be an all time classic troll.

LdN

Reactions: LAVAR!!!1
yeah..that is my favorite and I hope they retain it (but don't think they will)

I actually like it and isn't it easier to connect with the actual place the team is rather than some weird mascot no one cares about.

FIRNllLXIAQNn-i
Yikes... That's terrible. The Dems want Defenders. I say bring back the Generals!

Yikes... That's terrible. The Dems want Defenders. I say bring back the Generals!
"Commanders" is trending as the betting favorite. The WFT reserved that domain name as well. Apparently, the "Admirals" website now no longer links to the WFT website.

I don’t like any of them. I think “Defenders” sounds best but it’s a synonym of the most recent renamed professional team ( Guardians) and that just seems kinda dumb.

FIRNllLXIAQNn-i

They have to stay with Washington Football Team.

If they were to go to something like "Redhogs", some woke idiot would claim that they were comparing Native Americans to pigs.

My apologies in advance for being somewhat political. Been a fan of the team for decades even though it's been really damn hard for the last two. Almost as hard as being a Detroit Lion fan....

Reactions: bison13
They have to stay with Washington Football Team.

If they were to go to something like "Redhogs", some woke idiot would claim that they were comparing Native Americans to pigs.

My apologies in advance for being somewhat political. Been a fan of the team for decades even though it's been really damn hard for the last two. Almost as hard as being a Detroit Lion fan....
No, I think they will be the "Fighting Whities"

FIRNllLXIAQNn-i
Washington Empty Suits

Reactions: jjw165
Sticking to the native American theme, I say go with the Treaty Breakers or the Territorial Expansionists.

Reactions: ralphster
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT