ADVERTISEMENT

WaPo: Impeachment puts indelible mark on Trump's presidency (link)

Cosmos

May 29, 2001
Typically, WaPo has it wrong. It's indelible in three ways...

First, it 's the only non bi-partisan impeachment vote in the history of this country. Founding Fathers intended the process to be partisan, thereby holding 'in check' the ever-present threat of tyranny. Therefore, the indelible mark goes on the Speaker's record and historians will record it as such.

Second, an unpopular impeachment raises the specter of an impeached president getting re-elected. It's a very real possibility. One only need look at the polls in swing states. So it, too, will be a first in this nation's history.

Third, Pelosi is withholding the articles from the Senate because she "doesn't know the arena" in which the trial is being held. Excuse me but it's the U.S. Senate, Nancy, and it's outside your purview. This is beginning to look like you lack faith in your case and your car is running out-of-gas.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/poli...-on-his-presidency/ar-BBY8I57?ocid=spartanntp

Conclusion- this impeachment is tantamount to the asterisk put on Roger Marris' single-season HR record; put there to indicate he played more games than Babe Ruth. In other words, it don't mean jack $hit.

This historian yields the floor. I thank you and let's keep it real.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News