ADVERTISEMENT

Video of Narduchi informed of PS/Temple series (link)

I do not advocate scheduling pitt, but I can understand claims of hypocrisy when we refuse to schedule pitt and then schedule a home-and-home with temple. temple has been better than pitt over the last five or so years, but not much better. temple is maroon pitt. The only justification I see for the temple series is what amounts to a home game in Philly. Philly is a larger market than Pittsburgh, and it is a good show for Penn State to have basically a home game in Philly.

Let's also not forget the behavior of temple athletic supporters at Beaver Stadium in 2016. Again, maroon pitt.

All things considered, the temple series does not excite me. Penn State can do better.

Its not that difficult. We have to play nine conference games a year. That leaves only there open dates for OOC Matchups. Two of those three games are going to be home games against contracted opponents. That leaves one game each year for an opponent that might actually interest fans. Does the idea of playing Pitt every year interest anyone? Seriously anyone?

This is exactly what I tell people..... pretty simple really. Our formula is 9 conference games, two stiffs at home (although App state would argue that), and a third "good to very good" opponent. Heck, I look at it like we are giving Pitt a complement if they were the "good to very good" opponent.

This is exactly what I tell people..... pretty simple really. Our formula is 9 conference games, two stiffs at home (although App state would argue that), and a third "good to very good" opponent. Heck, I look at it like we are giving Pitt a complement if they were the "good to very good" opponent.

Agree. But pitt is the stiff and app state is the good opponent. That’s why pitt has to go. If they could ever be a 9 win team, maybe consider them again. But this 5-7 garbage they put together every year doesn’t help us.

Reason #4,583 that James Franklin ran up the score on Pitt and Narduzzi

Pittsburgh's Pat Narduzzi takes apparent shot at Penn State, and John Donovan, on playcalling
Updated Oct 19, 2015; Posted Oct 19, 2015
Pat Narduzzi 2015
Pittsburgh coach Pat Narduzzi responds to questions during the ACC NCAA football kickoff in Pinehurst, N.C., Tuesday, July 21, 2015. (AP Photo/Gerry Broome)

By Greg Pickel

gpickel@pennlive.com

Pittsburgh coach Pat Narduzzi took what appears to be a thinly veiled shot at Penn State's offense, and specifically coordinator John Donovan, when asked about his own quarterback Monday.

"[Pittsburgh quarterback] Nathan's [Peterman] completion percentage is very good," a reporter said to Narduzzi at his weekly news conference before asking if that was due to playcalling or something else.

The head coach's response to that question is of note.

"Obviously Nathan's a very talented player," Narduzzi said. "He's one of the most accurate quarterbacks I've been around. Is it playcalling? Yeah, of course.

"You could have a talented quarterback with a bad play caller and make him look bad," he continued. "You see that around the country, some closer than others."

Pittsburgh Executive Associate Athletic Director for Media Relations EJ Borghetti added no clarity as to who the quote was directed at when seemingly asked for clarity by ESPN's Brett McMurphy:

Reactions: odshowtime
Agree. But pitt is the stiff and app state is the good opponent. That’s why pitt has to go. If they could ever be a 9 win team, maybe consider them again. But this 5-7 garbage they put together every year doesn’t help us.

I think Pitt did end up being the stiff in this case, you are correct. And they aren't worthy of being the good opponent. So they need to go. If they want to be our yearly Kent State, Toledo, or Buffalo every year, I say play them.

It's hard to say because the gorilla-clown narduzzi is difficult to understand, but I think what he's saying here is that he never told the captains what to do if they won the coin toss.

"One thing we didn’t ask you about from Saturday night was the coin toss. What happened there? Did Dennis say he wanted to defer and the ref didn’t hear him? Did he say he wanted the ball? It seemed like there was confusion.
Narduzzi:
There was confusion. And I don’t know what it was. Usually, the head linesman - the same guy that threw the flag is the same guy that asked me, ‘What do you want to do?’ I said, ‘We will defer; they know that.’ And then at halftime, he comes up and says, ‘Which end do you want to kick from?’ And I said, ‘What does it matter? I told you we wanted to defer and you didn’t help our guys; why am I telling you?’ It was just an error out there, kind of the way the day did, I guess. When it rains, it pours. That was a mistake there, just new young captains - and again, I blame myself, because I didn’t get it done. I should have had - which, again, I went through, ‘This is how it goes.’ Week One, they didn’t have a choice to make; Albany won the toss and deferred, so you’re taking the ball and we told them it didn’t matter which way, ‘Whatever you guys want to do as far as where we receive the ball.’ This week, all of a sudden we win the coin toss and they’re like, first time they had to make that decision. So, part of growing up.

https://pittsburgh.rivals.com/news/narduzzi-on-rebound-week-the-option-the-coin-toss-and-more"

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT