ADVERTISEMENT

Video of cops knocking tailgaters over with their horses

Sproul

Sep 20, 2015
Here is your “assault on a police officer” video of the horse being assaulted from the Pennsylvania state police statement.

To the police defense you are getting a 20 second video. There were accounts of fraternity kids being assholes at people tailgates stealing food, vandalizing cars, etc..,

Not saying that happened here, but it’s always easy to look at the a small clip and point the finger without total facts.

Reminds me of the police presence in the stadium when they tear gassed/maced students trying to rush the field.

Then, in 2016, the unthinkable occurred, students rushed the field after the OSU upset.

Pandemonium broke out. Students were singing the alma mater with players and coaches. The situation was so dire the coverage has been used as marketing material.

To the police defense you are getting a 20 second video. There were accounts of fraternity kids being assholes at people tailgates stealing food, vandalizing cars, etc..,

Not saying that happened here, but it’s always easy to look at the a small clip and point the finger without total facts.

The question is, how is adding to the chaos and risking injuries to tailgaters helping the situation?

The helicopter stunt was egregiously reckless and unnecessary by any standard.

This board has been anti-cop for a while. As someone who works daily with the state police, 99.8% of them are great guys that would do anything for you. Again, we don't have the whole story here, but wasn't there a pictures of people snorting coke in the lots? You know how it is when you get a bunch of 18-21 year olds together.

What’s the story for the show of force? Tell me there is more than a rowdy tailgate because it seems like it could have been handled better.

No matter what happened, having a helecopter fly that low over a congested area (ANYWHERE ANYTIME) is an incredibly dangerous STUNT that needs to be seriously investigated.
But if there’s the slightest possibility that Penn State might have to show its ass legally, it’ll never happen. Apparently doing the right thing is only the Penn State way when it’s convenient.

Last edited:
Helicopters and horses being used against students partying?

Now I am old, white, male and a Trump voter, but even I think the police were out of line. they have nothing better to do than use this show of force in one lot against these kids?

They have traffic, crowds, 110,000 people to serve and protect and they decide this is the best use of their time? Please spare me that. Someone got their nose out of joint and made a series of very bad decisions.

Someone needs to be disciplined, and they happen to wear blue to work.

So, I'm calling bullshit on the frat boys stealing food.
Drunk, belligerent, pissing wherever, thats all possible.

But stealing food??

You're simply lying.

Reminds me of the police presence in the stadium when they tear gassed/maced students trying to rush the field.

Then, in 2016, the unthinkable occurred, students rushed the field after the OSU upset.

Pandemonium broke out. Students were singing the alma mater with players and coaches. The situation was so dire the coverage has been used as marketing material.

No one was tear gassed or maced in 2016. Everyone went on the field with out police stopping them.

No one was tear gassed or maced in 2016. Everyone went on the field with out police stopping them.
That was my point. Previous years and games there were attendees that were maced. And when the crowd did rush the field years later the world didn't end. There's times when a response can create a greater threat to public safety than the original incident.

Yeah that's what he's saying. There was a prior game where police were macing people and knocked someone on crutches over who were trying to rush the field. Then, in 2016 they weren't ready for the dramatic win, the fans rushed the field and amazingly, without police intervention, there was absolutely no problem...just unbridled joy.

Reactions: bmw199
That was my point. Previous years and games there were attendees that were maced. And when the crowd did rush the field years later the world didn't end. There's times when a response can create a greater threat to public safety than the original incident.

What was the year they spent months analyzing video to charge everyone who rushed the field with trespassing? 2005?

Jordan's office Monday AM if they tried that shit w/ us back in the day:

572cdcf92cc63_deadhorse.png.0d7af0274adcbf0b7232c0d800e2e5a5.png

Reactions: massimoManca II
Yeah that's what he's saying. There was a prior game where police were macing people and knocked someone on crutches over who were trying to rush the field. Then, in 2016 they weren't ready for the dramatic win, the fans rushed the field and amazingly, without police intervention, there was absolutely no problem...just unbridled joy.
Doesn’t mean that there isn’t risk...

http://articles.latimes.com/1993-10-31/sports/sp-51750_1_critical-condition

I can only imagine the $ a school will be paying out in 2018 if/when that happens again .

I have no issue with the horses. I am sure people were not complying. If you are told to disperse and you refuse you get what you get.

The helicopter is a different story. That can injure people that are complying with police instructions.
The helicopter can injure people who are not involved at all. Absolutely idiotic. And I am a former LEO. Using a helicopter in that situation is the opposite of serve and protect.

Unfortunately, the indiscriminate use of the helicopter at low altitude ruined many a tailgate of innocent bystanders. Was it purposeful? We will never know. Are 99.8% of the PSP great guys, unlikely. Just like any other profession, it's a bell curve.

I've already posted my wife and infant son's assistance (callous lack of) from the PSP on January day on I-81 so I won't belabor that but to say I suppose they met the 0.2%? Unlikely again. Some do things because they can. The pilot of the copter had to have known what was going to happen when they flew that low. If not they were incompetent. Don't get me started on the horse police trucked in to intimidate. Never forget 2005 OSU game when the field was "too wet" for the Blue Band to perform yet it was fine for the enormous horses to stand in a line across the south end of the field, compacting the turf with a PSI I can't imagine. All to keep those ugly students in the stands becauise they may dare to attempt to tear down the goal posts and carry them around campus half the night, what a crime! Lord help us.

I’ll never forget how big of assholes they were in 2005.. my buddy and I ran from the far end of the student section to the 50YL on the visitors side and jumped down, snapped some photos, and watched from afar as the student section was assaulted. Bunch of bullshit.

This board has been anti-cop for a while. As someone who works daily with the state police, 99.8% of them are great guys that would do anything for you. Again, we don't have the whole story here, but wasn't there a pictures of people snorting coke in the lots? You know how it is when you get a bunch of 18-21 year olds together.
Your statement about this board being anti-cop are patently false.

The appropriate statement from you should have been "I only pay attention to posts that I deem as anti-cop".

So....your PC sacred cow is police? Got it.

Reactions: step.eng69
Just like the football team, the horses failed to accomplish the task at hand. ;-)

Two cops could have taken care of this by unplugging the tunes and then using a bullhorn and mace.

I call BS on “stealing food” and “assaulting a horse” and see no evidence of anything out of hand. Looks like a bunch of kids having beers and dancing in a beautiful fall day. BTW, this event started as an upperclassmen party, so most revelers are probably 20-22, no doubt some underage sprinkled in.

What’s the alternative? Sit in your room and get blind drunk on vodka?

I never understood the attempts to stop the crowd after a big win. You have a bunch of amped up fans wanting to celebrate; have a plan on how to make sure it is done safely. Protect the goal posts to avoid someone getting hurt but trying to stop a crowd surge? After AU beat Bama on the kick six the police were helping fans over the hedges on to the field so they wouldn't get hurt; many of the cops probably wanted to join in the celebration. What do yo want alumni to remember when yo call for cash? Storming the field with 100K friends after a signature win or being maced and arrested?

As for the helicopter, the news I've seen said it was for crowd control and the police realized it was too low and had it increase it's altitude. I don't get why they thought it was a good idea, if the crowd panicked and thought it was crashing or simply started running to get clear of flying debris the situation would get out of hand quickly.

Anyway, hell of a game; see you next year in Columbus.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT