ADVERTISEMENT

VIDEO: Nick Lee vs Kevin Jack for 5th at NCAA's

amalone

Oct 12, 2005
http://www.espn.com/watch/player?id=3304541

I know many have commented that they didn't get to see the match as I missed it live also. Attached you'll find the video of the match. Go to the 1:35:30 point in the video to see Nick Lee come all the way back from an opening Round loss to take 5th. Guts of a LION.

Zain took 5th his true freshman year and we know the rest of that story. Great performance by Nick and I wanted to see if he had it in him to come back and make a magical run after a tough 1st round defeat... and he did just that. Heart, guts and determination. Loved the emotion out of Nick after he took down Kevin Jack in OT. As he came to the line in OT... you could see in Nick's posture... there was only going to be one outcome. Still very proud of Nick Lee's performance.

Very much a James English vs Kendric Maple moment. You have to account for the amount of heart a wrestler has.

Last edited:
http://www.espn.com/watch/player?id=3304541

I know many have commented that they didn't get to see the match as I missed it live also. Attached you'll find the video of the match. Go to the 1:35:30 point in the video to see Nick Lee come all the way back from an opening Round loss to take 5th. Guts of a LION.

Zain took 5th his true freshman year and we know the rest of that story. Great performance by Nick and I wanted to see if he had it in him to come back and make a magical run after a tough 1st round defeat... and he did just that. Heart, guts and determination. Loved the emotion out of Nick after he took down Kevin Jack in OT. As he came to the line in OT... you could see in Nick's posture... there was only going to be one outcome. Still very proud of Nick Lee's performance.

Very much a James English vs Kendric Maple moment. You have to account for the amount of heart a wrestler has.
Thank you very much for finding this match. Appreciate it!

Reactions: amalone
Thanks for posting Amalone. I remember reading where Casey Cunningham stated that Nick Lee is a stud and I'll take his word for it. :) Nick had a great freshman season, we're just so spoiled by the domination some of our recent past guys, it's just unreal following this team.

That was sweet, first time that I had seen it. He got himself in a little trouble by giving up the late takedown, otherwise he wins it going away. Nice job.

He kept finding a way...all through it, and as he was, he might not have noticed his game stepping up a notch with every win. He will be a force next season, and 5th place will be the worst case scenario---I see four higher options that are much more likely to take place on that podium.

Don't wait to watch this as ESPN3 only keeps these videos up for 30 days so come Tuesday you won't be able to watch this.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT