ADVERTISEMENT

UWW Junior Worlds

I know his dad was all Iowa State but I still consider Carr a giant miss for Ohio State considering he being an Ohio kid and all the relationships he had built with those already affiliated with the program. Imagine the Buckeyes lineup if they were able to roll out Sasso/Carr/Karchla next year back to back to back.

I know his dad was all Iowa State but I still consider Carr a giant miss for Ohio State considering he being an Ohio kid and all the relationships he had built with those already affiliated with the program. Imagine the Buckeyes lineup if they were able to roll out Sasso/Carr/Karchla next year back to back to back.

https://www.desmoinesregister.com/s...world-championships-usa-wrestling/1951157001/

I enjoyed reading the story on David Carr, from the Des Moines Register, linked above. It had the following insight into his college decision.

"David chose Iowa State over Ohio State and Oklahoma State, primarily. He also included Nebraska and Cornell in his final five schools. A decade ago, there likely would’ve been a bloodbath of a recruiting war for his services, but in 2017, it was a small head-scratcher.

When David decided, the Cyclones were in flux, fresh off a 1-12 dual season and just 1 point scored at the NCAA Championships. Kevin Jackson, who coached David at the Cadet world championships, had stepped down. Dresser was hired before March. Meanwhile, Ohio State won a team title in 2015, and Oklahoma State had top-three finishes in 2014, 2016, and 2017.

David hadn’t even visited Iowa State, including them more as a courtesy. He really liked Ohio State, but something about Dresser’s hire piqued his interest because of how he turned Virginia Tech into a consistent trophy contender. He came to Ames, and the staff pitched the idea of him helping bring Iowa State back to national prominence. He liked that.

Then David prayed.

“It was such a hard decision,” he says now. “But I felt an overwhelming presence from him, telling me to go to Iowa State.

“My dad and I listened to a sermon: ’Don’t do what’s convenient. Sometimes God wants you to take the hard path. He doesn’t always want you to do what’s comfortable. ‘Sometimes he needs you out in the battlefield. Sometimes he needs you to do what’s uncomfortable for his glory.’

“When I heard that, it's like God was screaming ‘Go to Iowa State.’”"

Disagree. I think he is a GREAT miss for tOSU and a great get for ISU. JMHO. :D

It’s just great a experience. Aaron’s weakness’s are strengths of the coaching staff. In due time these close matches won’t be. We are sending kids to wrestle men on short turnaround in a hostile environment. They will be better senior athletes from all this. Aaron has a long way to go and he will put the work in to get there. I’m enjoying the ride and I hope you all will too.
I mean, come on, are we freaking blessed or what. We lose a cycle of great kids and just brand new ones with what it seems like the right attitudes with great family structures come right back in. Just keep swimming is right.

Omania in the semis, scoring like a son of a glitch!

Omania left in the semis later/medal match tomorrow. Nutter going for Bronze and Schultz going for Gold today.
The baby steps are being made.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT